Smirk Messaging 07/29/2008 08:58 AM CDT
Really quick, I'm wondering if when I smirk to myself to check my bonus if it displays a message to everyone else in the room. I'm just asking because I do RP my thief as an alternative guild, and while I'm running around training survivals like mad usually (Probably giving away the fact that I'm not actually my fake guild), I would like to know if everyone else in the room is seeing me smirking at myself, thus giving away the fact that I'm actually a thief.
Re: Smirk Messaging 07/29/2008 09:23 AM CDT
you do realize that you can just "smirk" while in hiding. and nobody will see you do so - hence no giveaway.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Smirk Messaging 07/29/2008 09:25 AM CDT
Ahh, I have always been using smirk <self> in order to check my bonus. Thus doing so from hiding would give me "I cannot find who you were referring to." Thanks for the tip Gonif.
Re: Smirk Messaging 07/29/2008 09:56 AM CDT
Yes, it does.

However, you can also hide, then smirk, which won't display a room message beyond your hiding and unhiding. People can speculate as they wish.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Smirk Messaging 07/29/2008 03:01 PM CDT
yeah, when you hide, you just type smirk, rather than typing smirk <yourname>.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>