Psst 02/10/2004 08:09 AM CST
I can pawn things too. I can pawn things of 5 gold or more. 5% is my fee. I can also take payments in lockpicks. Let me sell your things, no questions ask. AIM "old man klc" to set up an appointment. My only condition is that if you get arressted, dont tell the guards about me.

~Broker Teloxius
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 09:31 AM CST
I also sell stuff, no questions asked.

no fee either, what i get is what you get.

If I'm in the same town, i'll be happy to sell yer loot.

Pawn Broker Bagsodoks

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 09:34 AM CST
>no fee either, what i get is what you get<

I have a feeling that soon your guild will kill you for doing things like this.

Habberan
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 09:39 AM CST
<<I have a feeling that soon your guild will kill you for doing things like this.>>

nope he will be applauded and praised for it. the only way he could do better than this is to give away cash incentive on top of it. Half the guild are experience whores and care nothing about making a profit.

http://www.drtraders.net/gallery
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 09:42 AM CST
Underselling and competition is part of being a trader. BUT, no fees for preforming a service makes no sense. Anyway, not the place to argue about this. I will still charge 5% regardless.

~Broker Teloxius
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 09:45 AM CST
nope, bags makes plenty of profit with other trading activity. But do you seriously think bags will brag about his profits in the thieves folder? come on, get real.

At least I'm banking what i get, and not sellin' it for green.

---

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 09:48 AM CST
<<At least I'm banking what i get, and not sellin' it for green.>>

Nor do I my bank accounts in the last sixth months have grown by over 8,000 plat. thats on top of what I had previous to that.

Re: Psst 02/10/2004 09:50 AM CST
ok..seems the humor portion of my saying youd get killed was lost....but on a serious note,I think the traders ar correct you thieves should use them to make more profit whenever you can...very good idea.

Habberan
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 10:18 AM CST
Here's why I will still get business, despite Bag's senseless underselling:
I will be in town when he's not and someone needs to sell. Plus, I dont think someone offering a service for free like that to strangers should be trusted anyway (in an RP sense that is, and you cant really RP the excuse that it's for the exp).

Plus, they being in the locksmith union, would understand how it would feel if someone was giving away thousands of lockpicks when they're supposed to be 2gk a piece. Bags is doing the same thing to us by not charging a fee for an obvious service, he's ruining the market and it would be bad karma for anyone to support it.

I think that the commoners will still come to You and I Gossford. Im charging an honest, 5% fee for my service, they dont need to worry about a tip or anything, 5% is all that I want. Ill make them more money, Ill make myself a lil money, we both win.

Once again, I live in Zoluren, can be contacted on AIM at "Old Man KLC"

~Broker Teloxius
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 11:18 AM CST
you got a problem with it telox, take it to trader conflicts. Rest assured though, by doing the business I do with this "non-existent" guild, my pockets won't be the ones getting picked.

-bags-

---

Re: Psst 02/10/2004 11:23 AM CST
Awww how sweet bags's big brother is coming to help

Re: Psst 02/10/2004 12:22 PM CST
<<Plus, they being in the locksmith union, would understand how it would feel if someone was giving away thousands of lockpicks when they're supposed to be 2gk a piece.

You do realize the price set by the locksmith union is 4 gold k for masters?

<<My only condition is that if you get arressted, dont tell the guards about me.

How do we know you aint a cop? You aren't a cop, are ya? You'd have to tell me if you were a cop, right?

Jaig
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 12:42 PM CST
bags handles things himself, gossford.

he's had contacts within the "unknown" organization ever since he snuck in there all by himself as a novice. :-)

---

Re: Psst 02/10/2004 01:37 PM CST
>>>What business exactly are you doing? When the cash flow is only one direction, the word "Business" can't exactly be applied. What you're doing is charity.

Hmmm:

busi?ness
n.

The occupation, work, or trade in which a person is engaged: the wholesale food business.
A specific occupation or pursuit: the best designer in the business.
Commercial, industrial, or professional dealings: new systems now being used in business.
A commercial enterprise or establishment: bought his uncle's business.

I see nothing about cash flows...

Blue Fire
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 01:52 PM CST
>>I see nothing about cash flows...

OMG, this whole discussion is just getting silly, i'm not even going to respond to that post in any specific way except to say that it was pointless to post it, everyone knows what I was trying to get across. I didnt want to have to be responding to silly little pot shots when I posted here.

I just wanted offer what I thought was a decently priced way for the members of the commoner's guild to make a little extra cash on their pawning. I am done posting here, my offer still stands for those who want to use it. If instead you want to help bags sell out the traders guild by working for free, use him, I dont really care.

~Broker Teloxius
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 02:03 PM CST
when those of the shadows know that bags will give 'em a fair deal, bags has the reciprocation of having that curtesy extended to when he's out making money with his caravan, and doens't get dipped into.

That by me is worth not making the 5 percent "commission"

-bags-

---

Re: Psst 02/10/2004 02:09 PM CST
>>OMG, this whole discussion is just getting silly, i'm not even going to respond to that post in any specific way except to say that it was pointless to post it, everyone knows what I was trying to get across. I didnt want to have to be responding to silly little pot shots when I posted here.

OMG, i'm not even gona respond to that post in any specific way except to say that it was pointless to post it, everyone knows what I was trying to get across. I didn't want to have to be responding to silly little people who miss the points of posts.

I just wanted to make you see that business are not always started for cash. Experience is a valid choice for doing things. If a trader is in it for the experience, then they can get more customers by offering a better cash benefit than those that are in it for the money. It's simple business.

Blue Fire
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 02:21 PM CST
I think we need some PR for the Thieves guild, because based on this discussion, our inter-guild relations needs some help.

~Fillia

"Tune in to www.kscrradio.com every Friday mornings from 7-9 am EST. I take requests all week."
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 02:36 PM CST
Fillia,

The Thieves guild and traders guild could find it profitable on both sides be it that the trader makes money or some other form of compensation.

Gossford would not be IC to provide such services for experience alone. Other traders would probably be more than happy to pawn goods that you find just laying around. Discreet enquiries around the gem shop may lead to avenues of benificial relationships.

Re: Psst 02/10/2004 03:24 PM CST
Gossford,

I'm not the one you should be addressing. Do I look like PR material? Pssh!

~Fillia

"Tune in to www.kscrradio.com every Friday mornings from 7-9 am EST. I take requests all week."
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 03:27 PM CST
I will say at least Gossford has the good sense to conduct his biz in Muspar'i quietly and politely. Although I assume if I was a trader in Muspar'i knowing that 1000's of ranks of stealing were roaming the streets daily, I would probably keep a low profile myself.

But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a thief in a jail is safe from another thief.
-Khalil Gibran
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 04:00 PM CST
yeah, well, he carries plenty of cheap gems.

<G>

someone in muspar'i...

---

Re: Psst 02/10/2004 04:37 PM CST
>>Underselling and competition is part of being a trader. BUT, no fees for preforming a service makes no sense.

That's what happen when people have secondary characters. Sucks for a roleplaying game, but nothing you can do about it.

When a thief kisses you, count your teeth.
~ old Yiddish proverb

Visit The Locksmith Union - http://www.lurksponge.com/locksmithunion
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 05:45 PM CST
>>But do you seriously think bags will brag about his profits in the thieves folder? come on, get real.

...You're not Bagsodoks in this folder.

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com/libraryindex.html

Re: Psst 02/10/2004 05:47 PM CST
>...You're not Bagsodoks in this folder.

Or the Traders folder :)

Apu
Re: Psst 02/10/2004 06:44 PM CST
nor are you pureblade or apu. we're all players of, as drongol keeps reminding us.

---