must be nice 08/03/2002 07:08 PM CDT
does the thief thingy here

It looks like he is very, very loaded.
Pureblade looks like a ridiculously easy target for you.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.

Pureblade traces a complicated pattern in the air with his fingertip. As he completes the gesture, five small globes of light extrude from the tips of his fingers and glow brightly as they position themselves around his body. (glyph of light spell)

does the thief thingy again

It looks like he is very, very loaded.
Pureblade looks like an impossibly difficult target for you.
Roundtime: 3 seconds.

little bit of an unbalancing boost I'd say, from bottom end of the scale to the top end of the scale in one cast

course this was after I stole from the guy he was guarding, neither saw a thing :)
Re: must be nice 08/03/2002 07:09 PM CDT
Yep, it is nice. Glad I trained perception, charisma, and so on.
Re: must be nice 08/03/2002 07:11 PM CDT
As a side note:

You have:
1 silver, 17 bronze, and 149 copper Kronars.
10 bronze, and 177 copper Lirums.
1 silver, 15 bronze, and 79 copper Dokoras.

They need to reassess the concept of loaded :P
Re: must be nice 08/03/2002 07:12 PM CDT
>Yep, it is nice. Glad I trained perception, charisma, and so on.

bet I can sit and teach you perception too
Re: must be nice 08/03/2002 07:15 PM CDT
>As a side note:
> You have:
> 1 silver, 17 bronze, and 149 copper Kronars.
> 10 bronze, and 177 copper Lirums.
> 1 silver, 15 bronze, and 79 copper Dokoras.
> They need to reassess the concept of loaded :P

well, we all know that thief skill is broke, tells me that rockies never carry boxes and that sand sprites never carry anything. As for people, it only accounts for numbers of coins, not values.
Re: must be nice 08/03/2002 07:48 PM CDT
maybe you just don't have enough skill.

The ability described Does account for total value, not just # of coins.

These test was done on me brother withdrawing various amounts:

1st result: with--1 platinum kronar

It looks like Cleric Kadoshgonif should just open a bank.
Kadoshgonif looks like a ridiculously easy target for you.

2nd result: with--1 copper kronar
Also, 1 bronze kronar yielded same result

It looks like Cleric Kadoshgonif has a couple coins.

3rd result: with--1 silver kronar

It looks like Cleric Kadoshgonif is fairly wealthy.

4th result: with --1 gold kronar

It looks like Cleric Kadoshgonif is very, very loaded.

5th test: 5 bronze kronars

It looks like Cleric Kadoshgonif has quite a few coins.

So, make of it what you will. The fact is, it works.

No finger-wagglers, gerbil-huggers, or clerics were hurt,stolen from or mangled as a result of these tests.

Schvartz
Re: must be nice 08/03/2002 08:04 PM CDT
should try it with more coppers, 1000 coppers marks as open a bank, where as a gold (same value) marks as a wagon load.

shrug, it's still buggy
Re: must be nice 08/03/2002 08:51 PM CDT
If 1 gold kronar is "very, very loaded" and 5 bronze kronars is "quite a few coins"... it's broke.

>>4th result: with --1 gold kronar

>>It looks like Cleric Kadoshgonif is very, very loaded. Kadoshgonif looks like a ridiculously easy target for you.

>>5th test: 5 bronze kronars

>>It looks like Cleric Kadoshgonif has quite a few coins. Kadoshgonif looks like a ridiculously easy target for you.
Re: must be nice 08/03/2002 09:57 PM CDT
And hopefully, like with appraisial, mark will someday just count in the base skills and ignores boosts. <g>
Re: must be nice 08/04/2002 11:31 AM CDT
>>It looks like he is very, very loaded. Pureblade looks like an impossibly difficult target for you. Roundtime: 3 seconds.<<

Don't let it scare ya tho...kin steal steal past that spell(tho they will see that you did even if they dont catch ya :(

Habberan
Re: must be nice 08/04/2002 11:14 PM CDT
>Don't let it scare ya tho...kin steal steal past that spell(tho they will see that you did >even if they dont catch ya :(

Oh, I'm not scared, I can just eat a cookie and bring him back down a few notches anyways. Or, wait out his spell and steal when it's down.
Re: must be nice 08/04/2002 11:17 PM CDT
> And hopefully, like with appraisial, mark will someday just count in the base skills and >ignores boosts. <g>

and hopefully one day when you mark a critter, it will be halfway correct, I find it funny to mark a sand sprite and have it say it will never be carrying anything then find a box or gems on it every try
Re: must be nice 08/05/2002 08:58 AM CDT
<<Oh, I'm not scared, I can just eat a cookie and bring him back down a few notches anyways. Or, wait out his spell and steal when it's down. >>

just one correction there. what Pureblade, or anyone else that does that ability did is a Glyph--not a spell. Its called glyph of light. And is usually the only thing that causes a Paladin to ** differently than rediculously easy.

Although Our ability should have perception factor into as well as stealing ranks, as it is inaccurate when someone with 200-250 perception as a paladin **s as rediculously easy just cause they don't have stealing ranks.

Schvartz
Re: must be nice 08/05/2002 10:58 AM CDT
>Although Our ability should have perception factor into as well as stealing ranks, as it is inaccurate when someone with 200-250 perception as a paladin **s as rediculously easy just cause they don't have stealing ranks.

It does.

Apu
Re: must be nice 08/05/2002 12:29 PM CDT
not really. when Rock used to be around, he **d as ridiculously easy to me. Tho he'd usually catch me, because he had good perception. If perception were more of a factor, he would have looked like a harder target. He had no stealing ranks, being a paladin, and he left the realms shortly after GOL was implemented, so I'm speaking of pre-Glyph of Light here.
Re: must be nice 08/05/2002 04:48 PM CDT
>not really. when Rock used to be around, he **d as ridiculously easy to me. Tho he'd usually catch me, because he had good perception. If perception were more of a factor, he would have looked like a harder target. He had no stealing ranks, being a paladin, and he left the realms shortly after GOL was implemented, so I'm speaking of pre-Glyph of Light here.

Back when Nektoo's stealing was around 270ish, Apu would appear absurdly difficult (or whatever the wording is that's not quite impossibly). That is with only 100 stealing. Many people with much more stealing than 100 (but perception much less than 300) would appear ridiculously easy. Of course if Nektoo used the right cookie, Apu was then ridiculously easy (and he always is now, because Nektoo has alot more stealing now)

Apu
Re: must be nice 08/30/2002 05:32 AM CDT
Lot more then 270 stealin eh... Thats a lot of stealin.. Good work
-Ganderdragon Moneysmuggler
Re: must be nice 01/18/2003 05:28 PM CST
What you guys are forgetting is that in a medieval world like this, the average common town person is probably lucky if he has 100 coppers in the bank as his life savings and 2 coppers to go buy a beer with.

The adventurer is always the exception to the rule, and it must also be noted that the stores and taverns WE see as places we can go in town are those establishments that cater to the adventurer.

If you could go to a couple of regular townie type places youd find people buying a beer for a quarter copper.

So, in my opinion seeing that someone should open a bank when they are carrying 1K copper is dead on..thats many many lifetime savings for the average town bozo.
Re: must be nice 01/18/2003 06:14 PM CST
Well, if all of us are adventurers, and all of our marks are adventurers with the exception of the rare NPC or two wandering the streets, shouldn't our perceptions of 'lots of money" be what actually is lots of money instead of 1 copper? And besides, most of the items in the food shops cost around 5-200 something kronars (last time I checked anyway), so this must not be the case in Elanthia at least. Medieval England is not the same as Elanthia, which is what lots of people seem to forget.

Aerox
Re: must be nice 01/19/2003 08:49 AM CST
I can't remember exactly, but I believe the average Elanthian common person makes...5 plat a year? That comes out to 12.5 kronars every day. Even if they make 10 plat a year, that is still only 250 kronars a day. If you are a farmer with a family of 3 to feed, even 250 kronars isn't that much, if you go by the prices in the inns. To a farmer, 2 silver is an entire days pay! To an adventurer? The work of a few seconds, depending upon your profession. It really is all relative, though. To someone like Ruf, 10 plat is piddly pocket change that he pounds into spoons for his mansion. To a novice, 10 plat is a mountain of cash. But it would still be nice to have a more accurate estimation of wealth, now that the 'standard' has shifted upward from where it once was.

Drakkenn Rarenth, Toggish Minister
Re: must be nice 01/19/2003 01:27 PM CST
G'day,

Working out things like this is one of the things I do in my idle moments, since it sort of applies to trader systems like commodities, mainly to make sure things are decently (at least consistently) priced. At this point, I'm leaning towards clerk wages in town as being around 10 plat per game year or in that ballpark. So 250 copper per day pays for their food, clothing and rent.

As to the food prices, I think you'll notice that in a lot of places that sell food, the prices are coming down quite a bit since they were very high initially. For example, you can get roasted chicken at the caravansary up near Dirge for 25 coppers. This is still more expensive than cooking your own meals, but then again, so is eating out compared to home cooking in real life.

Which of course doesn't really have much to do with the messaging you folks get when you mark someone, just thought I'd comment since trivia about "ordinary Elanthians" is a hobby of mine. If I were to comment about the messaging, I would almost think that the messaging should change as you increase in circle so that a player with X amount in their pockets might show as someone totally loaded to a 5th circler, but to someone 99th circle might appear to be poor as a church mouse.

Regards,

Godrich de'Finchal

"And we will weep
To be so alone
We are lost!
We can never go home"

http://webpages.charter.net/plblack/trader.html
Re: must be nice 01/19/2003 11:59 PM CST
Hey thats a great idea...
Re: must be nice 01/20/2003 12:39 PM CST
I remember when 1 platinum was a lot of coins. Damn I have a good memory! :)

-Ruffles
Re: must be nice 01/23/2003 05:58 PM CST
seems like it would be easier just to let us know what coins they've got

you hear platinum coins jingling and whatnot...
not too much of a stretch really, I've seen people with 100 dollar bills sticking out of their wallets before...
anyone hear sirens???

gota run...

ya didn' see nuthin!!!