Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/14/2009 10:06 PM CDT
So i've been having a hard time keeping stealing at high learning rates for the hour. Currently I steal from theren shops, haven shops, xing + premie shops, + arthe dale.

I'm not looking forward having to deal with Clan justice.. am I out of luck?

Or am I possibly actually within range to take advantage of Muspar'i? Can't say I look forward to going way out there, though.

Also.. how is Shard justice now? I heard they used to send grey assassins after you for even shoplifting?

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/14/2009 10:19 PM CDT
I actually only have to deal with clan justice with Ilaya Taipa... With my stealing run, I can actually fill my pool before I even go to Rossmans... I start in Crossing, go to Shard, go to Ilaya Taipa, then leth, then crossing again, Arthe Dale, Riverhaven, Rossmans, Theren, Muspari, back to Riverhaven...

from that whole deal, I am generally topping off the secondary pool in Crossing the second time or Riverhaven... More than likely, you need to be looking at the items you're grabbing.

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/14/2009 10:46 PM CDT
Remember that you can steal multiple times per shop. Pilfering anywhere between one to four items each stop, I can easily fill my PC's secondary pool with 300+ stealing just between Rossman's and Riverhaven.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/15/2009 12:04 AM CDT
My general strategy is to steal the most difficult item I can get away with 3-4 times consistently, to minimize the chances of snake eyes. When given the choice of a high value or high weight item, I take the higher weight item so that the fine will be less if I'm caught. If you pawn a lot, it might be the opposite for you.

Generally, filling the secondary pool is a matter of being aggressive enough in enough shops. On Mer'Kresh, I have no chance of filling the secondary pool, but on the mainland I can do it without too much effort. For a thief, the crossing area is pretty nice, especially with the leth passage. If you work climbing high enough, you've got shard right there too.

If you need ideas for more shops to steal from or which items to try, check out the shoplifting lists on elanthipedia. If you can contribute information, that's even better.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Stealing_List
Re: Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/22/2009 07:36 AM CDT
I would also triple check to make sure you are stealing from ALL the shops. I just went through and readjusted my steal run, I went from 11 steal locations in the crossing to 17, and I know at least 5 more that I'm not good enough for. And 2-3 more that I can't access/choose not to.

Also remember you can steal cloth types, i.e. silk, etc, and materials. I.e., gold ring vs silver ring. And they do increase difficulty / value.

Words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.

- Lord Byron
Re: Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/22/2009 11:37 AM CDT
>Also remember you can steal cloth types, i.e. silk, etc, and materials. I.e., gold ring vs silver ring. And they do increase difficulty / value.

Usually. A gold colored backpack is the same difficulty as a plain sturdy backpack. Mark or buy/app to check.
Re: Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/22/2009 12:55 PM CDT
>>Usually. A gold colored backpack is the same difficulty as a plain sturdy backpack. Mark or buy/app to check.

IIRC weight+cost determines difficulty, so if you have a backpack and a gold backpack, and they app the same, there would be no difference in difficulty. Weight shouldn't change with the optoins for a store (I think there are a FEW execptions, but as a general rule this is correct). So it only changes if there is a resultant change in the app of the item.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/22/2009 12:56 PM CDT
I'm pretty sure for Crossings I'm only missing the 3 empaths rooms, the pier, and the temple which i wont bother due to Orb hassle.

The pier I might add in some point. the 3 Empath shop rooms last I checked I wasn't even close to stealing anything, I may try again later but I'd doubt that'll improve my script that much.

I'll also add in Leth sometime, just don't feel like it right now because when I do I want to make the script still looking organized enough for easier To-Steal List updates.

Other than that I can't think of anything else, really want to avoid Clan Justice. Like Sothios said I probably need to make a total review the entire list instead of just editing since 220+ ranks ago whenever an item becomes trivial for each shop. Maybe I'll start stealing half plate or something :P

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/22/2009 01:17 PM CDT
>>the 3 Empath shop rooms last I checked I wasn't even close to stealing anything, I may try again later but I'd doubt that'll improve my script that much.

I think you missed some things:

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Emmiline%27s_Cottage

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: Stealing post 300 Ranks 05/22/2009 02:23 PM CDT
I'm pushing to 600 now. In one run from clear I won't fill my secondary pool from xing to theren, but with subsequent runs (or close to wall) I can. I'd avoid clan justice as well, but its definitely possible to find things around the mainlands to keep it moving.

Haven isn't a far swim to add into the mix and has a lot of shops.

If I can help with shops or items, let me know.

AIM - SpiffDR
Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.