Locked rooms 09/07/2008 09:56 PM CDT
Are there any around? None of the ones I used to use seem to be lockable anymore. They all complain about a key.

-TG, et al.
Re: Locked rooms 09/07/2008 10:08 PM CDT
first we'll start with the obviouse:
READ THE POSTS ABOUT THE NEW DISARM/LOCKPICKING SYSTEMS!

now once you've done that and still couldn't figure out the answer to your question: No there are not any doors that can be used to work the skill. They are dead. Learn to read the stinkin posts!

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 05:57 AM CDT
Not that kind of locked door...I'm talking about inns.

Hence me saying they require a key. I'm the one trying to lock them.

-TG, et al
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 08:00 AM CDT
aren't they latches rather than locks?

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 09:30 AM CDT
Hmm. That may be it. I'll try when I get home. Thanks Gonif.

-TG, et al.
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 12:30 PM CDT
>>aren't they latches rather than locks?

Most inn rooms are latches. Some are either GM-modified or are actual lock-type doors used for visiting dignitaries, when PCs aren't supposed to really be snooping around or when hosts need to be sensitive to someone's sense of privacy.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 03:24 PM CDT
OOHH... well, if you're talking about those doors.. why in the world did you post it in the thiefs folder? Let alone in the stealing strategies folder?

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 04:06 PM CDT
Because he's wanting to use them for their "intended purpose" and feel safe about it? With a bunch of professional lockpickers up to no good all over Elanthia, a little lever isn't very private.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 04:20 PM CDT
>>OOHH... well, if you're talking about those doors.. why in the world did you post it in the thiefs folder? Let alone in the stealing strategies folder?

Think of the first part of this category...cooking.

-TG, et al.
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 05:55 PM CDT
Read the description of the folder.. this isn't the poison folder.

Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 07:47 PM CDT
>>Read the description of the folder.. this isn't the poison folder.

And would you like to point that out. Specifically? Because I don't see a forum dedicated to it. I mean, there is an alchemy folder, but why bring unnecessary attention to the ability, which you so kindly did by actually mentioning the ability.

Yes these forums are not the game, but still, again, why bring unnecessary attention to an ability that is SUPPOSED to be secret.

Pardon me for trying to keep things in house. Stop being upset that others figured out the subtext and you didn't.

-TG, et al.
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 08:39 PM CDT
The Merchant has a rather nice kitchen.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 10:24 PM CDT
A long time ago, the Thief guild was jokingly known as the Chef guild.

That's why there are all those chef hats and chef aprons and so on in the shop, and why we used to use the euphemism "Cookie" for khri.

So the stealing folder is called "Cooking recipes" for that reason. Poison, as an in-game secret, doesn't have a topic because we're not supposed to discuss it on the forums.

Dragonrealms Tourney Calendar: http://tourneydr.com
Upcoming Tournies:
80 and Under - Wed Sep 3rd at 9PM EST
No Limit - Sunday Sep 7th at 8PM EST
40 and Under - Wed Sep 10th at 9PM EST
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 10:28 PM CDT
last time i checked, the merchants kitchen isn't properly circle-restricted. might want to do some southern cooking instead.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Locked rooms 09/08/2008 10:31 PM CDT
i hadn't heard "chef" guild. the euphamism i heard was "bakers" guild. :-)

Re: Locked rooms 09/09/2008 05:32 AM CDT
baker... chef... close enough... either way, TG - you're the one that seems to be getting upset, not me. Go take your valium and chill out. You were wrong and can't back up from that.

Re: Locked rooms 09/09/2008 09:44 AM CDT
>>last time i checked, the merchants kitchen isn't properly circle-restricted. might want to do some southern cooking instead.

This is your objection to using it? That low-circle Thieves can get in? May the sky fall upon you.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin