Contact fix 07/21/2015 07:20 PM CDT
Can this possibly have the round time adjusted down and/or allow contacts to carry sacks with more than one item at a time?

The functionality of this system in its current state is lackluster at best. Given the locations we are limited to using it in (i.e. city streets) it's much, much faster to just run to a local repair shop and do a REPAIR ALL on top of which there isn't the added cost of using CONTACT. Which is fine, except that we can't even use CONTACT FIX to pick up the repairs if there's multiple items on a ticket. For what is essentially only a convenience ability, it currently doesn't have any convenience to it at all.

I can understand not having a CONTACT FIX ALL option, since different repair shops repair different things and that gets complicated quickly. But ideally what I'd like to see is this:

1. Roundtime reduced from 8 seconds to ~2 seconds. To be honest, I'm not even sure why there's a round time to begin with but if it has to stay at least make it short.
2. Allow contacts to carry the completed repair sacks with multiple items in them. This would at least allow us to go do a REPAIR ALL in person and then use a CONTACT FIX to pick the items up remotely.

This would go a long, long way to making this a much more functional ability.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Contact fix 07/21/2015 08:19 PM CDT
Seriously...

x2

Something like...

A fat halfling catches your eye in the crowd and nonchalantly strikes up a conversation. "Hey boss, I noticed that your shield, leathers, and cowl needed repaired. I can take care of that for you for the nominal fee of 2000 Kronar. I'll take all of them off of your hands and be back in a flash. Just CONFIRM you want me to make the trip."

>contact fix confirm

You remove your items slipping them into a sack, handing them to the fat halfling. "No worries boss I'll take care of it and be right back!" he says. And the halfling slips off into the crowd. Before you know it he's back with a claim ticket.

Of course that said, I'd love to be able to hold any random container and have everything in it repaired even more. I really wouldn't even care if it was expensive. That would be incredibly useful to me personally. I hate the gear repair shuffle. Hold my sheath and contact fix? Yes please.

Contacts desperately need re-written on the whole though. They need a refresh for sure. Preferably more than a little peck on the cheek. Give them some good lovin.

Monster Elec