Contact Fix 11/26/2014 06:55 AM CST

Is there a reason we can't use contact fix to have our crafting tools repaired? It doesn't seem to make much sense that we cant since our contacts will run weapons or armor to the same places. Unless they're just plain embarrassed by carrying around my knitting needles.
Re: Contact Fix 11/26/2014 08:49 AM CST

Also, while relaxing in my den, me and a few others noted we cannot use contacts. In our own hideout. did not check other areas within in the guild but Vymos Den certainly wouldn't let you use them.
Re: Contact Fix 11/26/2014 10:33 AM CST
>>Is there a reason we can't use contact fix to have our crafting tools repaired?

Because tools were not around when this was released, and it was never updated in 3.0.

>>Also, while relaxing in my den, me and a few others noted we cannot use contacts. In our own hideout. did not check other areas within in the guild but Vymos Den certainly wouldn't let you use them.

Many indoor areas in Crossing are considered out of town for contacts, including passages and the new guild. This is a really old system that hasn't been touched for many years. I would love to see an overhaul of the entire contacts system eventually.
Re: Contact Fix 11/27/2014 10:06 AM CST
Man, that info wasn't in the new owners manual?

Beast Elec Drister

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
―Jayne Cobb

MM1 (EXW) -USN 1999-present
Re: Contact Fix 11/27/2014 07:31 PM CST
>>Man, that info wasn't in the new owners manual?

Bitter and dull.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Contact Fix 12/04/2014 05:08 PM CST

>I would love to see an overhaul of the entire contacts system
Re: Contact Fix 12/04/2014 10:07 PM CST
From a pure reality standpoint, I wouldn't want to let the kind of people you have as contacts into a super-secret guildhouse.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Contact Fix 12/05/2014 02:38 AM CST
Maybe if we bathed that smelly one?
Re: Contact Fix 12/05/2014 08:30 AM CST
>>From a pure reality standpoint, I wouldn't want to let the kind of people you have as contacts into a super-secret guildhouse.

why do you think the same urchins and vagabonds on the streets would be the same contacts lurking the "super secret guild"? They would be different people of course. A contact does not have to be the smelly urchin, it could be the aspiring apprentice, or trusted informant, anything really. but contacts from my den would still be awesome.
Re: Contact Fix 12/05/2014 11:59 AM CST
That's not relevant to this conversation. The contact system only functions within city walls (no complaint there) but is really restricted to just streets. Which is maybe 50% of the rooms within the walls at best, which makes the ability not very useful at all. The messaging doesn't matter and can be anything. I would like to see our only locate ability to function like it is supposed to. It worked in the old guild but wasn't updated to work with the new so "reality" doesn't really matter.