Khri combo 11/04/2014 10:08 AM CST
I have had an issue using a khri combo which I don't understand. I am circle 58 and can't even use the simplest combo ...Secure....my khri list says I should be able to use it but no matter how I try It will only put up 2 khri's and tells me I lack the experience.

stats:
Strength : 28 Reflex : 40
Agility : 40 Charisma : 26
Discipline : 32 Wisdom : 27
Intelligence : 30 Stamina : 28

Concentration : 169 Max : 169

magic:
SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate Fraction
Inner Magic: 176 72% engrossed (27/34) Attunement: 4 40% clear (0/34)
Arcana: 5 38% clear (0/34) Targeted Magic: 12 76% clear (0/34)
Augmentation: 158 52% cogitating (24/34) Debilitation: 84 24% clear (0/34)
Utility: 84 11% clear (0/34) Warding: 3 11% clear (0/34)

and this is what my khri list tells me at the bottom:
You also know how to combine khri in the following ways...

- Combination Khri:

Secure - Focus, Safe, and Sight

By all rights I should be able to use this combo but I cannot get it to work

Re: Khri combo 11/04/2014 10:46 AM CST
>By all rights I should be able to use this combo but I cannot get it to work

Are you just trying to start it by using "khri start secure" if so, you just might not have the skills needed to start it off just like that. Also, you don't need to start the combo to get the benefits from it. You can start each khri individually and whenever the last one in the combo comes up, you will be under the effects of the combo. This is reflected in the messaging you receive from starting the last khri.

Try KHRI DELAY FOCUS SAFE SIGHT while kneeling to see if you can get it going, afterwards try the same command while standing to see if you need to even kneel at all.

Also, as a rule of thumb, always check how urban an area is and how good your confidence is before starting khri. Negative confidence and "wilderness" areas both make khri harder to start.

Salute a drowned sailor? You ought to brush up on your protocol, Kasto.
Re: Khri combo 11/04/2014 11:12 AM CST
I'm going to guess that you are recently returned?

If so, bear in mind that the magic grandfathering was bare, naked, bloody, bones minimal. You're probably back, effectively, 20-30 levels. Before, khri were based on stats/level. Now they're based purely on skill (with concentration running a little interference).

So while you'd expect to be able to kick off a combo at nearly 60th, you're rocking along with level 20-30 magics trying to kick off a level 40 action, if that makes sense.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'