Missing the old clout 05/27/2014 03:38 AM CDT

Ok i know ive been complaining a little about ambushes and their lack of power and successes of being able to use them, but its also because im passionate about the thief guild and dont want them to be a underpowered guild with 1 trick.

Anyway, one other complaint ide like to voice, and its just a little annoying that ive lost it, but it was being able to use ambush clout the way i did.

I would use clout alot in PvP to disable the other guy...

But, the other main reason i would use it was for RP reasons. Clout being a non damaging disabler was great to use for me as a Inquisitor and Rifkinn's way of interacting with Necromancers and supporters. I used to be able to clout the person, say my little thing, and RP with a somewhat heavy hand, but without inflicting any damage on the person.

There are more important things that need looking at in my opinion like ambushes and backstab and ide like the focus to be placed on rectifying this. But im just missing the old clout for the reason i expressed above.

Rifkinn
Re: Missing the old clout 05/27/2014 11:36 AM CDT
>But, the other main reason i would use it was for RP reasons. Clout being a non damaging disabler was great to use for me as a Inquisitor and Rifkinn's way of interacting with Necromancers and supporters. I used to be able to clout the person, say my little thing, and RP with a somewhat heavy hand, but without inflicting any damage on the person.

Ambush Stun doesnt deal damage if you use a non-blunt weapon. I have been using it with my Pugio, and it never deals and physical damage to the target.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Missing the old clout 05/28/2014 03:44 AM CDT

I miss it too, mainly because now our stun requires a weapon in-hand, so it's not really viable with loaded weapons, bows, crossbows, slings.

Just in general I hate how much like Forgotten Realms Mages we are. Every thing has a component required to cast the spell (ambush).

For this you need dirt, and for that you need naphtha and for that you need a weapon in hand and for that you need... thank god at least some of the requirements for stun got relaxed a bit but... I dunno.

Everyday I have less fun. I'm not saying that to be mean or vindictive, I'm just tired.
Re: Missing the old clout 05/28/2014 07:31 AM CDT
I agree that dirt/naphtha can be annoying, but lamenting that combat moves require you to hold a melee weapon is a bit of a stretch.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Missing the old clout 05/28/2014 08:08 AM CDT

>>Ambush Stun doesnt deal damage if you use a non-blunt weapon. I have been using it with my Pugio, and it never deals and physical damage to the target.

Ah! ok cool i'll check this out. All it is, is something i can use that dosnt involve consent is all or dosnt put the other guy at a disadvantage.

>>Everyday I have less fun. I'm not saying that to be mean or vindictive, I'm just tired.

At the end of the day, im not fussed a great deal with how things look, because i can see cool idea's and ways of doing things as a thief with the different stuff introduced. Im just worried though, when its finished, i wont be able to do the things i used to do. And could go on further explaining this, but am just a little tired as well.

Rifkinn
Re: Missing the old clout 05/28/2014 12:02 PM CDT
Irrelevant but funny anecdote...

The first version of ambush stun in the test instance did quite a bit of head damage with a large bladed weapon, so you could basically kill someone with 3 ambush stuns because it'd destroy the head.

Anyway, one of my favorite things about slash and stun in "2.0" was that they caused damage. It was like moonies were the magic damage debilitators and thieves were the physical damage debilitators. It would be cool to see more damaging ambush debilitations, like ambush garrote. I was thinking it might give -fatigue and neck wound or something, but I think Ricinus recently added -fatigue to clout. I might get... wait for it, wait for it... garroted for this but maybe it could do -mana and a neck wound. Between ambush ignite (with new naphtha), clout and garrote, thieves would have the ability to be deadly in a whole different way. Add in new poisons and things really get interesting.
Re: Missing the old clout 05/28/2014 12:14 PM CDT
Correction: I meant ambush choke.