Ambush Slash 03/15/2013 02:10 AM CDT
The stun on this ability lasts obscenely long compared to most other forms of disabling I've seen. I severely question the balance of it.
Re: Ambush Slash 03/15/2013 08:09 AM CDT
> The stun on this ability lasts obscenely long compared to most other forms of disabling I've seen. I severely question the balance of it.

I think this is a known issue? It came to light in some testing Leilond and Gort did, and the GMs kinda went 'uh, that's bad'.

But I also think it's waiting on a thief rewrite? I suspect the GMs dont' want to touch any khri/thief stuff till they have a chance to really rework it, since I suspect all thief systems flow through custom code, and will have to be reworked extensively, to the point where just waltzing in and making a tiny change to one ability is time prohibitive.

Pants.
Re: Ambush Slash 03/15/2013 08:50 AM CDT
>>The stun on this ability lasts obscenely long compared to most other forms of disabling I've seen. I severely question the balance of it.

Are you comparing it to other forms of stun that require:

1) an edged weapon in hand
2) melee range
3) hidden

I haven't used it much against other people, but against critters it seems to be around the 15-20 second mark. It's long, but I would gladly take half the duration if I could use it at missile range.
Re: Ambush Slash 03/15/2013 09:28 AM CDT
It can be done from pole range with a greatsword or any other pole ranged weapon.
Re: Ambush Slash 03/15/2013 03:31 PM CDT
>Are you comparing it to other forms of stun that require:

>1) an edged weapon in hand
>2) melee range
>3) hidden

Uh, just FYI, obscene here means like 60+ seconds, and able to be done back to back, I believe. It was an insanely long stun that left someone prone as well?

Pants.