You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/17/2013 10:09 PM CST
What is this annoying new mechanic? Strikes me as very OOC and just plain stupid.

H>steal wayerd pyramid
You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is.
H>
H>wealth

Debt:
You owe 1 gold, 3 silver, 1 bronze, and 5 copper Lirums to the Province of Therengia. (1315 copper Lirums)
You owe 2 platinum, 8 gold, 6 silver, 4 bronze, and 2 copper Lirums to the Collection of Qi. (28642 copper Lirums)
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/17/2013 11:29 PM CST
Its not new, or at least its been around as long as I have returned to the realms in late 09.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/18/2013 02:37 AM CST
I believe that was the counter-measure set in place for people who were stealing and ignoring the fines. Then after the fines had accumulated so high that they could no longer pay it off, they went crying to GMs to have their fines abolished or otherwise it would have been impossible to continue playing for them.

Right now it might seem a bit redundant but back in the day many of thieves went that route since money was not so plentiful and fines were relatively high. Paying off fines was a real issue when the rich had around 100 plats on their bank accounts and the fines easily went up to 20 plats. It took all the money you earned while hunting to finance practicing stealing and you had to rotate between provinces to keep the fines from skyrocketing. This puts the current situation into whole other perspective, doesn't it ?:)
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/18/2013 11:01 AM CST
Odd, because I had no problem when I last played about half a year ago--never seen the message. The only thing I can think of is that taxes pushed me over a threshold.
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/18/2013 11:05 AM CST
The thing that really irks me is that I have no debts whatsoever in Shard (where I was trying to steal). Besides, the whole concept of a thiefly conscience of fines is ludicrous--I say, as long as we can get away with it!

Oh well, off to Ratha!
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/18/2013 12:18 PM CST
Eh, like someone else said, it was more to prevent an infinite build of debt, to the point where you couldn't pay it and lost everything. It's sort of silly, but that's the end rationalization.

Pants.
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/18/2013 04:41 PM CST

>Oh well, off to Ratha!

Why not just pay the debt?
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/18/2013 05:13 PM CST
That's why I'm going to Ratha...apparently it's global. Maybe that's why I had no problems previously.
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/19/2013 12:12 AM CST
>That's why I'm going to Ratha...apparently it's global. Maybe that's why I had no problems previously.

Yeah, a sufficient debt in any province will stop stealing in all provinces, though as far as I'm aware it's not additive. If your Ilithi debt isn't enough to trigger it, then it doesn't add it to your Zoluren debt and see if that's over.

I think.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/19/2013 12:30 AM CST
>> Yeah, a sufficient debt in any province will stop stealing in all provinces, though as far as I'm aware it's not additive. If your Ilithi debt isn't enough to trigger it, then it doesn't add it to your Zoluren debt and see if that's over.

It was additive the last time I checked - had to go island hopping paying off debts in each providence before I could steal again.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: You think about stealing for a moment, but decide you have too many outstanding fines as is. 02/19/2013 12:55 AM CST
>It was additive the last time I checked - had to go island hopping paying off debts in each providence before I could steal again.

Oh? Wrong again. Damn, this is turning into a streak.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html