I give up on shard's guild 12/02/2012 11:49 PM CST

I try to steal the item the guy wanted buy I couldn't how much in stealing do you need? I got caught twice trying to get my password.
Re: I give up on shard's guild 12/02/2012 11:55 PM CST
I really don't remember, to be honest. I know it's something that was difficult for someone starting out, you had to have some circles under your belt. Good luck, try to make sure you've got yourself properly set up for a steal attempt.
Re: I give up on shard's guild 12/02/2012 11:58 PM CST
The old trick was to use Silence because the area you have to steal in is like no hiding or something right? Not sure if it was ever updated from when you got Silence at like 13th circle.
Re: I give up on shard's guild 12/03/2012 05:04 AM CST
>The old trick was to use Silence because the area you have to steal in is like no hiding or something right? Not sure if it was ever updated from when you got Silence at like 13th circle.

You're forced to do it unhidden. Any circle thief can grab the item just takes enough Stealing ranks. So keep trying as you become more skilled!!

-Rixie
Re: I give up on shard's guild 12/03/2012 08:07 AM CST
I did it at 8th circle in prime years ago, and I managed to get in at 2nd circle in TF. stealing and agility is the key <did it at 60 stealing prime, 108 stealing with an agility plus plus halfling in TF.

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: I give up on shard's guild 12/03/2012 09:00 AM CST
I have never been able to do it without khri inviso. Even far and away outclassing the challenge, at 100 ranks.

But the Ain guild is 2 minutes away and the shard guild doesn't have anything in it (khri taught in Ain, no abilities through shard that I know of, etc). I just said screw this it's stupid and go to Ain.

Shard and haven are examples of trully stupid design.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: I give up on shard's guild 12/03/2012 09:33 AM CST
There are at least two (related) abilities taught in Shard IIRC.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: I give up on shard's guild 12/03/2012 09:37 AM CST
Yeah but not for long, maybe one will stay.
Re: I give up on shard's guild 12/03/2012 11:19 AM CST
there is also a quest for a commoner to join the guild in shard. Its different than the one for an already guilded thief. I did it platside back in the day, and then later on with a thief in prime, it required various skills, won't go into more details, because last time I checked, it was broken <it was broken when hiding/stalk was redone like 8 years ago or so. I doubt if it will survive intact to 3.0.

There are 2 abilities taught still in the shard guild. One of them I certainly hope survives intact when alchemy comes out.

And I believe the lady gives an explanation why having a khri up beforehand would not be useful for the 2nd ability. Its better that it kicks in on its own, when needed.

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: I give up on shard's guild 03/16/2013 03:08 AM CDT

I managed to complete this quest with 70 stealing ranks. I had Plunder on, didn't try without it.