Passages 10/04/2012 06:30 PM CDT
Is there a (good) reason why half of the thief passages have no visible way to know that the passage is in that room?

As an aside, does anyone want to give me a hint as to where the bin in Hib is?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Passages 10/06/2012 09:12 AM CDT
>Is there a (good) reason why half of the thief passages have no visible way to know that the passage is in that room?

Just to be irritating. I know I've posted in the past for this to be changed.

>As an aside, does anyone want to give me a hint as to where the bin in Hib is?

IIRC it's in the same establishment as the Thieves' Council meeting room if you're familiar with that area. Just take a look around there. I don't think it's one of those situations you described in the first point of this post.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Passages 10/06/2012 04:29 PM CDT
>>IIRC it's in the same establishment as the Thieves' Council meeting room if you're familiar with that area. Just take a look around there. I don't think it's one of those situations you described in the first point of this post.

Got it. Thanks!

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Passages 10/10/2012 01:25 PM CDT
How's stealing in Hib? I hunt around there and sure would be nice to stop neglecting my stealing ranks... got a script for it that you would share?
Re: Passages 10/10/2012 02:25 PM CDT
My script hits Hib -> Boar Clan -> RP -> Horse Clan The only reason it doesn't start with Boar Clan, is I run it after popping boxes, so I'm already in Hib, and boar clan -> RP give me enough time for concentration to build back up and restart Khri's.

My stealing script is a generalized script that works anywhere the automapper (Genie) works. It takes the entirety of how it behaves directly from the command line, so it's not specific to Hib or Shard or Crossing etc.

Stealing in Hib is not good. I wish there was a leather repairer in Muspar'i so I could leave zombies and hunt Ashu Hhinvi.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Passages 10/10/2012 03:27 PM CDT
>>Stealing in Hib is not good. I wish there was a leather repairer in Muspar'i so I could leave zombies and hunt Ashu Hhinvi.

More ranks helps this, there are some really high end shops (still can't get stuff at 500 ranks).

Though really, the ice road takes 3ish minutes to traverse, running to Shard isn't that bad and Shard is great for stealing.
Re: Passages 10/10/2012 04:17 PM CDT
>>Though really, the ice road takes 3ish minutes to traverse, running to Shard isn't that bad and Shard is great for stealing.

:boggle:

Not sure why you think a city where half the shops close at night is great...

Also: wtb edit button.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Passages 10/10/2012 04:23 PM CDT
It's a difference of ranks. Once you pass 300-400 ranks in stealing half of Crossing/Riverhaven might as well close at night too for how well the shops teach. Shard (and the surrounding clans) have tons of higher ticket items in almost all the shops, and really a relative few close at night (I think somewhere in the 5-8 region)
Re: Passages 10/10/2012 05:53 PM CDT
>>Once you pass 300-400 ranks in stealing half of Crossing/Riverhaven might as well close at night too for how well the shops teach.

Already there. They teach fine. (Better than Hib/Boar/Horse and Shard).

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Passages 10/10/2012 06:25 PM CDT
Still lock easy doing a Haven/Crossing run at 580 ranks. Takes 10-15 minutes tops.
Re: Passages 10/10/2012 08:45 PM CDT
I'm guessing stealing tons from each shop?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Passages 10/11/2012 08:18 AM CDT
>>Still lock easy doing a Haven/Crossing run at 580 ranks. Takes 10-15 minutes tops.

Notice you're hitting 2 major cities, where in Shard I can lock at 520 ranks, day or night, with just the 1 major city + clans.

That said if you really want to train stealing it's best (imo) to start at the top. Hit Theren, Lang, Rossmans, Haven, Crossing, Leth and Shard (only if you can climb under the gonodla). Whole loop only takes about 30ish minutes if I remember correctly.

Was just trying to make a point that Shard really isn't a bad place to train stealing, if you don't believe me that's fine, keeps the pawn rate up anyway.
Re: Passages 10/11/2012 08:30 AM CDT
>>Notice you're hitting 2 major cities, where in Shard I can lock at 520 ranks, day or night, with just the 1 major city + clans.

Pretty sure you're misreading that to mean Haven and Crossing instead of Haven or Crossing.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh