3.0 Changes 08/11/2012 07:47 AM CDT
I'm a little concerned about the changes for combat with 3.0. From what I can tell, Snipe and Backstab won't get us 1 hit kills anymore. That was kind of the fun and rewarding part about these skills was working to that point and being able to snipe something from hiding and take it down or backstab it and drop it in 1 shot, but due to the damage / vitality change and also the ranged change, if we snipe, it will almost be impossible to kill with 1 shot and also, the one sniping will be held in the room for 10 seconds while the person has a chance to just flee. I hope there is something in the works to give Thieves their Assassin status back in light of these changes.
Re: 3.0 Changes 08/11/2012 08:28 AM CDT
Figure out how to hold the opponent in combat, stun, or other manner that keeps them in the room, while you throw the killing blow, and or use yourself as a lure to keep that opponent there, and kill them.

Don't forget they aren't suddenly going to have 1 hit kills either, so while the Paladins are going to be tanks, we won't necessarily be little fragile wine glasses. Just don't expect to take the amount of hits a higher skilled and in heavy armor Paladin will be able to take (I'm only guessing but their going to take a BIT more then our typically armor tertiary in some lighter form of armor selves).

Re: 3.0 Changes 08/11/2012 09:00 AM CDT

I'm pretty excited about all the changes except this one. I just think I should be able to take something thats significantly weaker than me down in 1 hit with a well placed backstab or arrow. Don't see the logic in not being able to.