Dampen not working as intended or what? 06/27/2020 10:12 PM CDT
So a necro familiar was following me, here is the snippet of what happened

>out
You slink out.
[Riverhaven, Theren Way]
Two buildings built of cream and pink marble face each other across the road. One is the Empath Guild, the other the Guild hospital. Both are built with wide porches like inviting arms to welcome the sick, the suffering, and those who heal them. The air is fresh and clean-smelling, and the twin houses of healing gleam from frequent scrubbing of the stonework. You also see an oak crate and a mistwood bench.
Obvious paths: north, southeast, south.
>hide
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>
A worker enters pushing a wheelbarrow. He dumps everything in the crate into his wheelbarrow and begins to pick through the items....

Having found nothing of interest to keep or save, he leaves again.
>
A small golden snake moves slightly, then seems to sense your wish to stay concealed. One jewel-like eye blinks at you sadly as it returns to sleep.
>
Your body is continuing to drip water everywhere.
>
A well made suspicious figure wanders into the area, looking into the shadows for you.
A well made suspicious figure wanders into the area, looking for you.
>
Your body is still soaked.
>
A well made suspicious figure gazes about the area with an intent look, watching the goings on.
>look
[Riverhaven, Theren Way]
Two buildings built of cream and pink marble face each other across the road. One is the Empath Guild, the other the Guild hospital. Both are built with wide porches like inviting arms to welcome the sick, the suffering, and those who heal them. The air is fresh and clean-smelling, and the twin houses of healing gleam from frequent scrubbing of the stonework. You also see a well made suspicious figure, an oak crate and a mistwood bench.
Obvious paths: north, southeast, south.
>n
Roundtime: 1 sec.

You sneak north...

[Riverhaven, Theren Way]
Small gardens grow on both sides of the road. Fenced about with low stone walls and hedges, they belong to the Empath Guild and hospital to the south. Many rare and potent herbs and plants can be found here for use in healing. Northwards, the town wall and the Gate of Nobles rise. Nearby, a small shop sells clerical goods. You also see a tall Human peddler and a simple sign hanging from the front of the shop.
Obvious paths: north, south.
>Khri darken dampen
You're already using the Darken meditation.
You're already using the Dampen meditation.

thought it was anti-locate? Is something not working right?

"You can have anything the world offers, so long as you have the strength to take it, the skill to steal it or the nerve to kill for it."

Dusk, Chosen of Damaris
Re: Dampen not working as intended or what? 07/07/2020 10:20 PM CDT
If someone could look into dampen being so choosy about trader and necro pets I'd appreciate it greatly. And Eliminate not working with SB... That would be swell too.

Monster Elec

Community first. Guild always.
Re: Dampen not working as intended or what? 07/10/2020 10:48 AM CDT
In the interest of clarity I'm just chiming in to say that I did some compare and contrast testing for both Dampen and Sanctuary to see specifically which things were working and were not working for anti-locates.

Sanctuary is working as intended for trader hirelings, necromancer risen, moon mage scrying, warrior mage familiars, and thief contacts. The barrier is room based so it takes time for the barrier to form meaning it doesn't protect against following well, however, since the barrier also takes a few seconds to drop after you leave a room you can fake-out a familiar or risen by waiting for the barrier to form, getting the pet to follow you to a neighboring room and then quickly moving back to the warded room before the ward drops. Of note is that blocking a locate takes more mana than blocking something from following you. Faking a familiar or risen out and blocking it from entering your room if it's following you can be done with minimum mana. Also of note, this broke the risen follow completely and my necro had to manually command it to find my bard again. The warrior mage familiar follow, however, was just suspended and the moment I left the room it would show up again without my warrior mage needing to do anything.

Dampen worked just fine for blocking trader hireling locates. I could not come up with a scenario where Dampen didn't work for me for this. Even just being a single room away while standing in the open and it was blocked. There was a complaint about it a few months ago in this folder so maybe it was fixed at that time? It also does work with moon mage scrying and warrior mage familiars. I don't have a second thief to be able to test if it blocks other thief contacts.

Dampen did not work at all for necro risen whether locating or following. Of note, risen locate and follow are separate things and being hidden does actually block the risen from setting up a follow. Once the follow is set, however, it's set regardless of your hidden state or Dampen.

I don't have a ranger with a wolf companion to be able to test ranger companions at all, although since they don't provide the Ranger any useful information about the target's location this is kind of moot anyway.
Re: Dampen not working as intended or what? 07/12/2020 02:45 PM CDT
Nicely done. Thanks!

Monster Elec

Community first. Guild always.
Re: Dampen not working as intended or what? 08/18/2020 08:33 PM CDT

I had Dampen up on the 8/15/20 and trader contacts were locating on me just fine. Maybe my dampen is just to weak? Maybe I should kneel and mediate first before I use it.
I've tested it in the past and sometimes, the contacts can't get through. There some sort of odd inconsistency which is making it possible. Same with Necro creeps and such...

The eyes of your monk pendant flash white for a moment, and you feel more focused.
R>
A Elothean assistant wanders into the area, looking for you.
R
A Elothean assistant looks about rather warily.
R>
A Elothean assistant gazes about the area with an intent look, watching the goings on.

And eliminate fail ratio has been ODDLY high for a while... It's so bad a group of us aren't even using it anymore.
It's not worth the waste of the concentration bank.
Re: Dampen not working as intended or what? 08/18/2020 08:35 PM CDT

A Elothean assistant wanders into the area, looking for you.

khri check
You feel fully rested.

You are under the influence of the Focus meditation, which should last around 38 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Strike meditation, which should last around 38 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Avoidance meditation, which should last around 38 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Plunder meditation, which should last around 38 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Elusion meditation, which should last around 38 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Dampen meditation, which should last around 38 roisaen.
You are under the influence of the Serenity meditation, which should last around 38 roisaen.

Nope.