Total ranks in weapons: 7769
Total ranks in armor: 3148
Total ranks in magic: 2396
Total ranks in survival: 5218
Total ranks in lore: 1996

TDPs Gained: 26872
Total Ranks: 20527

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/02/2015 11:49 AM CST
Congrats!
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/02/2015 12:14 PM CST
Congrats. I can sympathize. I think I only need thievery for 3-5 levels or something.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/02/2015 01:50 PM CST
See, that wasn't so hard and by the looks of it, you need all the survival training you can get. Only 100 more to go now.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/02/2015 02:11 PM CST

Congrats bud!
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/02/2015 07:30 PM CST
Thanks guys. To be clear... I didn't ACTUALLY steal for those worried about my sanity. I had my empath teach me for the last 30 ranks. Still preferable to actually making a stealing run. I mean, I said I trained it, not that I was stealing. :p

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/02/2015 08:05 PM CST
> I didn't ACTUALLY steal for those worried about my sanity. I had my empath teach me for the last 30 ranks. Still preferable to actually making a stealing run. I mean, I said I trained it, not that I was stealing

It's sad that a guilded thief's perception of stealing is so mangled that it required an empath to rejuvenate their deficiency.

Congrats on the achievement!
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/02/2015 08:09 PM CST
>Still preferable to actually making a stealing run. I mean, I said I trained it, not that I was stealing. :p

Weren't some of the GMs going to poke around in stealing code just to see if they could make it less obnoxious?
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/02/2015 10:50 PM CST
Oh, Jalika the ranger/thief taught me some ranks too. Much better than the empath. Lol

Monster Elec

Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/02/2015 11:18 PM CST
I learned more Thievery sitting at the Spinneret for a week than the last 6 months weaving in the occasional stealing run. Was like thief central. I highly recommend it for next year's Hollow's Eve.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 12:05 AM CST
Until this HE, I hadn't circled since last HE just for that reason. I haven't made a stealing run in probably 2 years?

Monster Elec

Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 08:46 AM CST

Slackers!

-Jalika
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 09:01 AM CST
<< Weren't some of the GMs going to poke around in stealing code just to see if they could make it less obnoxious?

A little off-topic but they sure are.

I was trolling around forums few weeks ago and found this little thing you thieves might be interested in:

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Lore/Performance%20Skill/view/295
http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Lore/Performance%20Skill/view/329

It seems that our Ricinus has been working in secret but it's not that surprising considering the last time he was doing khri rewrites we attached clamps to his testicles and strong-armed more -favorable- khri balance out of him. All of it during Christmas holidays. Suffice it to say, he works with bards now.

Pretty soon you're going to hear Elec complain about having to take flute lessons.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 11:16 AM CST
Actually if I remember the comments on that, it wasn't going to be a primary training tool or money generator, just a secondary side of the busking system he was writing.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 02:03 PM CST
Jalika,

As I've said before... It's easy to steal with no repercussions like thieves have. You may not have mark, but you dont even have to deal with the crap part about the stealing system.

But anyways... I'm actually curious to see what kind of training people do. If any thieves want to post up like i did before. Ranks per skill set and all that, total ranks vs circle. I was going to divide it up further, and go ranks per circle. For me its not all about not training thievery as much as it is, training in my own style, to my own goals. I know Elec is a freak, but we did this ages ago and it was kind of fun. I am always interested in seeing how people choose to focus thier char.

Monster Elec

Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 02:15 PM CST
>> If any thieves want to post up like i did before. Ranks per skill set and all that, total ranks vs circle.

Sure, I like seeing how other people train. I'm currently backtraining staff/polearm/ht/offhand/brig to bring them up to my main weapons and loving the TDP generation from it.

Also I highly recommend taking the time (or training mech 3 or 4 times) to work each crafting skill up to 100 ranks to be able to field repair your weapons/armor. They're all pretty reasonable to train to 100.

Your circle: 143
Total ranks in weapons: 5034
Total ranks in armor: 2686
Total ranks in magic: 2201
Total ranks in survival: 6200
Total ranks in lore: 2756
Total ranks gained: 18877
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 04:01 PM CST
Your circle: 114
Total ranks in weapons: 6325
Total ranks in armor: 2426
Total ranks in magic: 2511
Total ranks in survival: 5711
Total ranks in lore: 3231
Total ranks gained: 20204

Just to give a little more info about my training style up to 150th.

You have enough Thievery for Circle 114 and need 1 (380) ranks for Circle 115

You have enough Primary Weapon(Small Edged) for Circle 125 and need 1 (500) ranks for Circle 126
You have enough 4th Survival(Skinning) for Circle 134 and need 2 (630) ranks for Circle 135
You have enough Tertiary Survival(Backstab) for Circle 134 and need 1 (630) ranks for Circle 135
You have enough Secondary Survival(Outdoorsmanship) for Circle 142 and need 3 (688) ranks for Circle 143
You have enough 5th Survival(Evasion) for Circle 146 and need 2 (625) ranks for Circle 147
You have enough 7th Survival(Athletics) for Circle 148 and need 1 (565) ranks for Circle 149
You have enough 6th Survival(Stealth) for Circle 149 and need 4 (610) ranks for Circle 150

TDPs Gained from all skillsets: 26812
Total Ranks in all skillsets: 20204
EXP HELP for more information

Have been focused on combat and mining for some time but when I get around to training thievery I have a lot of exp bonus in survival just waiting.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 05:32 PM CST
Level: 60
Weapons: 2640
Armor: 861
Magic: 721
Survival: 2172
Lore: 840

Total ranks: 7225

So I'm certainly not the best trained character, been working on increasing the magic ranks, and will probably start working some more lore in. Armor I'm just not really sure on. Debating moving into a 'clown suit' or just doing the greaves swap, but my current armor is a nice hauberk.

Oddly, for a thief, I've never super-enjoyed survivals.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 06:46 PM CST
> So I'm certainly not the best trained character,

Me either.

> been working on increasing the magic ranks

Keep in mind the only magic skill unable to be trained out of combat for us is debilitation.

> , and will probably start working some more lore in.

Some lores are easier than others or require less items to have to carry around. For the most part I am still unsure, when it comes to crafting, what my thief really wants to do. So at this point he really just is not a crafter. What skills are you thinking of adding?

> Armor I'm just not really sure on. Debating moving into a 'clown suit' or just doing the greaves swap, but my current armor is a nice hauberk.

Assuming what you mean by "clown suit" is referring to setups that train multiple armor classes. The TDPs from armors is tempting, however I do not do this, nor do I swap armor. I train light armor and chain wearing cloth everywhere except head (chain). I do have chain gloves but have not really found that I needed to change. Overall hindrance is a really big deal to me. Every toon I train uses shield!

If I find later that I need to add armor ranks for TDPs then I have plenty of weapon classes to choose from and will simply backtrain lower armors along side weapons. TBH though I really don't see any real need for a thief to train brig or plate outside of TDP gain.

I hope this helps you as you evaluate where your toon is and where you want them to be. Anything I have said here is not meant to be taken as the only way do things, merely one way of looking at character development.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 06:57 PM CST
>>Keep in mind the only magic skill unable to be trained out of combat for us is debilitation.

Is there still a way to train Arcana? The lightning bolt wands didn't work anymore when I came back a while ago.

>>multiple armor's and armor hindrance

I started with leather (which converted to light), with chain accessories, and added in plate a while later when I found out I really enjoyed jousting. I recently added in brig for TDPs and haven't looked back.

Granted it's expensive but:

> inv armor
All of your armor:

some lumium scale gloves
a light damite plate mask
a lumium ring helm
a small diamond-hide shield
a segmented mammoth-bone hauberk
[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]

But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently somewhat (6/14) hindered and your stealth is lightly (4/14) hindered.

And I actually expect it to go down to 5/4 or 5/3 once brig gets out of the 100-150 rank range. With Dampen going I'm at 6/2
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 07:54 PM CST
> But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently somewhat (6/14) hindered and your stealth is lightly (4/14) hindered.

I see similar hindrance from people all the time. Is this really the expected norm?

Here are the hindrances from my current armor set up
a full chain helm
a padded thin zenganne mask
a padded fine zenganne robe
some padded zenganne vambraces
a small diamond-hide shield
some padded thin zenganne gloves

But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly (3/14) hindered and your stealth is insignificantly (3/14) hindered.

khri start dampen

Focusing your mind, you attempt to attune your senses to even your most minor movements. You quickly feel more comfortable with your ability to control your motions to prevent detection.

But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly (3/14) hindered and your stealth is barely (1/14) hindered.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 08:06 PM CST
>I see similar hindrance from people all the time. Is this really the expected norm?

6/14 isn't bad. My thief in a hauberk/cowl, chain gloves, sits at 4. Going from 4 to 6 for the extra TDPs is probably a good deal, especially since his armor has more absorb/protect I'm going to guess (I don't know the values on zenganne).
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 08:22 PM CST
>>6/14 isn't bad. My thief in a hauberk/cowl, chain gloves, sits at 4. Going from 4 to 6 for the extra TDPs is probably a good deal, especially since his armor has more absorb/protect I'm going to guess (I don't know the values on zenganne).

If you're not interested in training 4 armors (and I am) then I think the lower hindrance is better than the higher absorbs, at least as you get into the upper ranks.

>>WILLARDR's Armor Setup

It makes me so happy to see someone using zenganne because I got into a fight about how awesome it is earlier today. I have a shirt/pants in zenganne and it's just as good as my mammoth-bone hauberk in practice. I side with the mammoth-bone because I like the style and hope for better enchanting options with bone.

That said you're 3/3 is Very/Extremely Good in terms of armor hindrance. I would bet most people sit at a 6+ without a 4 armor setup but zenganne is (in my opinion) the best low hindrance armor you can get.

I find in my current "at level" hunting grounds (~Malchata/Starting Wyverns) I have no problems hiding without adding in dampen yet so I've also ignored stealth hindrance levels, another edge cloth has over bone.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 08:38 PM CST
Your circle: 154
Total ranks in weapons: 10281
Total ranks in armor: 4324
Total ranks in magic: 3268
Total ranks in survival: 8593
Total ranks in lore: 5473
Total ranks gained: 31939

You have enough Thievery for Circle 154 and need 9 (570) ranks for Circle 155

All of your armor:

a small shield (amber-scaled)
a quilted robe (thick titanese)
some light plate gauntlets (all metal is unweighted lumium)
some scale vambraces
a ring balaclava

But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently moderately (7/14) hindered and your stealth is lightly (4/14) hindered.

>>I see similar hindrance from people all the time. Is this really the expected norm?

If you are training all 4 armors at once? Then, yes. Dampen + Darken makes it easy enough to train stealth without any problems, and I've had no problems with taking too much damage. I don't push my limits when it comes to hunting though so I'm not looking for extra performance. I could get it lower and still train all 4 skills but I like the larger coverage for exp gain purposes, and the extra hinderance doesn't hurt me enough to change my hunting routine.

I do have this though for when I need low hinderance...

But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly (3/14) hindered and your stealth is unhindered (0/14) . (with Dampen up)

a padded thin zenganne hauberk with fitted seams
a dark steelsilk balaclava
some insulated zenganne gloves
a small shield
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/03/2015 09:44 PM CST
This is good.

All of your armor:

a ring helm
a light plate mask
some nightmare black leathers
a small shield
some scale gloves
[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]

With dampen...
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently somewhat (6/14) hindered and your stealth is barely (1/14) hindered.

I will say, it's completely ridonkulous that we can't work down mixed armor hindrance, or some shield hindrance. I despise when mundane things are "guild only".

I worked leather body and light chain head/hand with shield forever before. I worked all armors to 100 back then, and picked them back up at 100 a while ago when I came back and got serious about training.

Monster Elec

Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 07:11 AM CST
Jebus Elec, that's ridiculous.

Are the mask/helm/gloves lumium?

Since a lot of people seem to be using full body light, then masks, do you all find they train well? I had always assumed they would train poorly just because the eyes is such a low coverage area.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 01:56 PM CST
It locks just fine. And yes, they are lumium. Lennon makes them. It's a great set up. The shield is diamondhide, though to be fair I had the same hindrance using aa small lumium shield template before. I think of it like, if I have less hindrance...its almost as good as having more absorption because I'm using more of my ranks. That's how i justify it all to myself. Whether it's true or not, I couldnt care less.

Monster Elec

Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 02:09 PM CST
It may be because we're armor tertiary that the masks train it well enough. I use one, too, and also with no problems. A paladin might need more coverage to get consistently mindlocked.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 08:25 PM CST

Elec turned me onto this setup. Its pretty slick. While my plate armor is sitting about 200 ranks less than light armor, it locks quickly with no issue as armor secondary.

Jalika
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 08:42 PM CST
I picked up a couple of the pieces. Comparing a previous lumium set, to the mask/helm, and gloves, combo, I'm at the same overall hindrance but 2-3 points lower stealth.

If I had the $$ for the zen. I'd probably try that but I suspect it wouldn't actually drop me much.

Is it worth the premium to buy a pair of zen. pants and shirt if I already have a thin titanese hauberk?
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 09:27 PM CST
I will tell you this Vick, I didn't buy the zenganne if for no other reason than it's retarded expensive. I didn't even bother put it on to check when it was offered.

I may humor myself someday if I can find something. I don't know.

Monster Elec

Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 09:29 PM CST
>I will tell you this Vick, I didn't buy the zenganne if for no other reason than it's retarded expensive. I didn't even bother put it on to check when it was offered.

Ya, I mean, there's no way I'm spending 15k plat on a shirt, honestly. I just wondered if it would have been worth it.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 09:52 PM CST
>>Ya, I mean, there's no way I'm spending 15k plat on a shirt, honestly. I just wondered if it would have been worth it.

The problem with zenganne is it's the same rarity as Imperial Weave but without the impressive appraisal. Getting together enough for a shirt/pants/hauberk/whatever is really difficult.

That said, 15k does sound a bit high, but I could easily see 10k for top of the line armor. Would spend a lot more than that for vardite metal armors, or mammoth-bone.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 09:56 PM CST
>That said, 15k does sound a bit high, but I could easily see 10k for top of the line armor. Would spend a lot more than that for vardite metal armors, or mammoth-bone.

Only person I found selling it was charging 500 per yard, and had a shirt and pants out. Shirt was 15k, pants were basically in-line with that pricing.

And Zenganne should have pretty close physical appraisal, shouldn't it? The physical stat is only a 97 vs. imperial weave 99, according to the wiki.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 11:28 PM CST
>>And Zenganne should have pretty close physical appraisal, shouldn't it? The physical stat is only a 97 vs. imperial weave 99, according to the wiki.

The density on Zenganne brings the physicals (and hindrance) lower than imperial weave.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/04/2015 11:54 PM CST
I did try the zenganne tonight since we've been talking about it. I was still at 6/3

Monster Elec

Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/05/2015 12:17 AM CST
> did try the zenganne tonight since we've been talking about it. I was still at 6/3

Good to know. As a moon mage I've been watching this thread. 4 armors only become a problem when moving up hunting grounds. I switch to 1 armor and once another ~50 ranks are gained in each armor I can add them back in.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/05/2015 12:20 AM CST
IMO zenganne shines when you are wearing light armor only. If you are mixing armors then I've found rare leather or titanese to perform better. No numbers, just what I've observed over the years.
Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/05/2015 02:44 PM CST
I will say that now that I've gotten some more ranks, apparently the titanese set in my vault isn't nearly as hindering now. Which is odd, because I thought for sure that I had capped hindrance. But with over 400 in all armors, and almost 600 in chain and leather, I guess that's something for anyone keeping track.

Monster Elec

Re: I broke down and trained thievery... 12/05/2015 06:07 PM CST
Since i'm up on the scrolls non-anonymously i'll leave my stats with circle omitted but among all you weapon enthusiast, i seem to be a bit of an exception here.

Everyone seems to believe that terts are a good source for TDPs, i say only as long as they don't slow down the primaries (not a statement but a training philosophy).

You have 22801 total ranks.
You have gained 44571 total TDPs from ranks.
You have 2983 total armor ranks.
You have 5355 total weapon ranks.
You have 8730 total survival ranks.
You have 3125 total lore ranks.
You have 2608 total magic ranks.
Prev_page Previous 1