Worst boxes ever 09/04/2014 10:32 PM CDT
So, this is sorta bragging, but really it's not. Because it's so bad. However, I thought I should share.

>You open the copper strongbox...

>In the copper strongbox you see a colorful elbaite runestone, a grimy marble pestle, a small pewter bar, and a small pewter bar.

Feel free to post your own. I'm sure you have them.

You skillfully remove the vanilla cheesecake from your abdomen leaving the wound no worse than it was before.
Re: Worst boxes ever 09/04/2014 11:20 PM CDT
I can't top that box, but I'm definitely sick of seeing these grimy mortars and pestles.
Re: Worst boxes ever 09/04/2014 11:21 PM CDT

I get boxes like that routinely every single day.

What should be gems and coins averaging around 25000 coins turns out to be:

>In the blah blah blah you see a medium silver nugget.

____

Now watch out here as I fly into my rant on this for the second or third time now.

Every creature has been created by the staff to have a "coin value", that's not their term for it, I don't know what is.
Basically it's an average coin output for each creature which is the sum of everything the creature drops that has value. Coins, Skins, Gems, and Boxes.
So a critter that drops Coins and Gems and is Skin-able will have Box loot that is not as good as a same ranked critter that also drops Coins and Gems but is not Skin-able.

My problem with these nuggets is that they are actually replacing gems in the box loot roll.

This causes a severe reduction in average coin value for anything that drops boxes, throwing the system completely out of whack.

What should of been nearly 25000 coins was instead 3000.

Obviously it's a pretty small difference overall since only maybe 5-10% of my boxes turn out this way, but day in day out over long stretches of time... it adds up to be a lot of coins, leaving me less than thrilled.
Re: Worst boxes ever 09/05/2014 09:13 AM CDT
Nothing makes me happier than risking certain doom if I randomly fail on an int box, all to collect a pewter bar.
Re: Worst boxes ever 09/05/2014 09:37 AM CDT
On the bright side, pewter has fairly high toxicity as an alchemy catalyst.

If Poisons is ever a thing, it might be useful.