This isn't over... 07/08/2014 10:24 PM CDT
I'll never forget, about 10 years back I was making a living off of traders between Crossing and Riverhaven.

Well... one of them (Damaris bless his soul) took offense. He was chewing me out, I was listening. I thought he was a bit of a fun target. So I stole from him again while he was chewing me out. I even hid and did it while he was monologuing. He got REALLY upset after that and managed to knock me over and then put an arrow THROUGH MY THIGH as I was getting up. I ran, got away, and laid low for about half an hour tending bleeding wounds. I was dying and I had to get to the empaths. I go there and get healed all the while giggling myself silly. Then I left.

"You hear someone whisper from the shadows, 'This isn't over.'"

I heard that or something similar. He was hidden, found me, and said that right before putting a crossbow bolt through my NECK. I fell from the blow and he sat there and watched me bleed to death in about 1 minute.

Best North Road run ever. To this day I curse myself for not remembering who he was but I still admire the way revenge was taken.

Take care ya'll. Someone share some stories with the white rose order sometime. Because ya'll know that we definitely have more fun than anyone else in the realms. 8)

-
Qrb ivaqvpr!!
Re: This isn't over... 07/08/2014 11:21 PM CDT
Stories like that are why I'm here. Thanks for sharing! :D
Re: This isn't over... 07/09/2014 05:24 PM CDT
Sounds like something Elsulose would've done. They were pretty impressive when it came to combat.
Re: This isn't over... 07/10/2014 12:35 PM CDT
Yep. This is why I play a thief. There's nothing like stealing from the masses. Especially these days.

-
Qrb ivaqvpr!!
Re: This isn't over... 07/11/2014 09:34 AM CDT
The first time a thief stole from me was in rock trolls right after I was big enough to climb into the area. Totally emasculated I drew my blade and start advancing, he pulled out an LX and put one through my thigh and left the area. I lived.

Great memory.

Then I saw him a few days later between the gondola and shard, drew my blade and advanced. Put one through my face. I did not live.

Great memory.
Re: This isn't over... 07/11/2014 09:58 AM CDT
>The first time a thief stole from me was in rock trolls right after I was big enough to climb into the area. Totally emasculated I drew my blade and start advancing, he pulled out an LX and put one through my thigh and left the area. I lived.

Reminds me of a similar scenario for myself, only I was in goblins at the time =/

Makes me wonder if it is the same thief as the one who got you.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: This isn't over... 07/11/2014 12:01 PM CDT
>The first time a thief stole from me was in rock trolls right after I was big enough to climb into the area.

Joining the ranks! Me as well! I think he hit me with a bolt from his LX but I stunned him with MB I was to young to chain it with enough success to sleep him. I then left to Leth Deriel to train my character safely, but he hunted me down and knocked me out with a brick then killed me.

Good times!
Re: This isn't over... 07/11/2014 01:05 PM CDT
Good times?

Huh, well, I suppose I could dust off my 50th thief and go spread the good times in rats and goblins.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: This isn't over... 07/11/2014 03:41 PM CDT
I do miss the days when it seemed like thieves were the big bad PvP guild. Shoplifters R Us gets old quick, but screwing with other players can last a lifetime!
Re: This isn't over... 07/14/2014 08:37 AM CDT
last on this

"the shadows", "the possible presence of unseen danger", thievery, was a gigantic, important, powerful part of the game "feeling".

Its gone.

It's a great loss.

It sucks.
Re: This isn't over... 07/15/2014 07:53 PM CDT

Ah, yes, the realms have changed. But part of that is also WE have changed, I suspect the majority of us are older. PVP isn't all its cracked up to be. I still regularly steal and get busted doing so but people today are much richer and it doesn't hurt like it used to. 8)

I still LOVE the realms. Its worth every bit of my time here.

-
Qrb ivaqvpr!!
Re: This isn't over... 08/05/2014 01:14 AM CDT

I used to steal at the warmmie guild, when people would got here, you know cause warmies are so awsome at perception....
Anyway a young bloke turns up, mark him and hes loaded.

I got just over 50 plat from him then he realizes what just happened and started to feel just a tad violated and sad. So ever the kind and caring fellow little Rif is, I give it back.

5 mins later, he still hasnt gone to the bank. Then i see the hands start attacking his pockets from the shadows.....

My lesson from all this, dont be a kind and caring thief, it will send you broke.

Rifkinn