This is what I find fun 09/24/2013 06:26 AM CDT
You carefully size up XXXX, gauging his defense against stealing.
As you consider stealing from XXXX, you believe his wealth is as good as yours.
You also eye XXXX over, trying to discern how much wealth he is carrying.
XXXX has enough personal wealth to at least buy a house, and has several handfuls of coins.

You feel highly confident in the accuracy of your judgement.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
HR>steal XXXX coin
You silently work your way toward XXXX.
H>
Moving carefully, you slip your hand into XXXX's pockets and carefully grab a few platinums.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
HR>steal XXXX coin
H>
Moving carefully, you slip your hand into XXXX's pockets and carefully grab a few platinums.
HR>steal XXXX coin
H>
HR>steal XXXX coin
H>
HR>steal XXXX coin
H>

Decided to stop at five grabs. I don't know if it works the same with players but I always find a sixth attempt against the NPC's will fail.
Re: This is what I find fun 09/24/2013 03:04 PM CDT
You can get much more than 5 grabs depending on the contest. You will usually get one missed grab before you get caught. That is how I judge when to stop.
Re: This is what I find fun 09/24/2013 06:30 PM CDT
I believe mark would also tell you if the difficulty of the grab is getting to the point you will fail. I haven't done much player stealing in a while so not sure if I am remembering correctly.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: This is what I find fun 09/25/2013 08:12 AM CDT
Thanks for the input guys! I'll play around some more.