Boxes and Confidence 06/07/2012 12:21 PM CDT
Are these not on the confidence system (can increase/decrease your confidence)? I always start my box popping at 5/5 (top) confidence, and by the time I'm finshed (~ 15 min - 20 min) I've drifted down to 4/5. No boxes are blown or mangled, and I'm basically disarming and picking the entire time. I would expect popping boxes should at LEAST counteract drift at 50 charisma.

The last note by thief GMs on confidence and boxes, is that it was waiting for a box re-write (circa Feb 2008 https://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Thieves/Ask%20The%20Thiefly%20GM's...But%20Respond%20In%20The%20Den%20Please/view/870 ).

However, in the abilities folder, 6 mo later ( https://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Abilities,%20Skills%20and%20Magic/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/281 ), it indicates they were re-written, so I'd assume they should be part of it by now.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Boxes and Confidence 06/07/2012 01:32 PM CDT
<<Are these not on the confidence system (can increase/decrease your confidence)?>>

The only actions that modify confidence are hide, stalk and backstab (maybe ambush not sure). Some people say stealing, but I haven't seen empirical evidence of it.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Boxes and Confidence 06/07/2012 04:16 PM CDT
For what it's worth, a higher charisma stat will have your base confidence rest above 0/5.... more will also get it to the base faster.
Re: Boxes and Confidence 06/07/2012 04:46 PM CDT
>>For what it's worth, a higher charisma stat will have your base confidence rest above 0/5.... more will also get it to the base faster.

Thanks, I'm well aware of how confidence functions. In fact you're only partially correct. It will get from below it's base point to the base point quicker, and from above the base point drift towards base slower with higher charisma.

None of which impacts my question in the least.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Boxes and Confidence 06/12/2012 06:52 PM CDT
Confidence has always been built up by hide/stalk/backstab and nothing else. Doesnt make much sense either. I think every time a thief succeeds at something thiefly, they should get a confidence boost. Unfortunately thats not how its been working. Would be nice if they actually decide to fix this someday...