A Box Question or actually a trap question 02/21/2010 05:59 PM CST
::Zinaca comes across an area she has never seen before. Realizing by the excellent hidden quality of the area, she realizes she is near a thiefly meeting place of sorts and seizes her chance, knowing she likely won't ever find this place again. She carefully crafts a question on a bit of vellum and sticks it the door of the place::

Hello fellow survival although urban ranger types. I love doing boxes...kinda like having a birthday surprise. But I have noticed lately that the traps aren't that lethal or even much damage causing.

Are there still lethal traps in the realms? I always kinda like the thrill of averting the death or trying to deal with the aftermath it if didn't kill me outright.

Thank you for answering. I figure you folks are the pros and should know.

If it matters in the answer, my box skills are disarm 230 something and lockpicking 206 something.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky
Re: A Box Question or actually a trap question 02/21/2010 06:01 PM CST
Yes.

Also, you don't have to post IC in this folder.
Re: A Box Question or actually a trap question 02/21/2010 06:08 PM CST
She's an impostor, Lucky is always doing something distracting in the background when she posts IC!
Re: A Box Question or actually a trap question 02/21/2010 06:14 PM CST
Try harder boxes, you can die easily. Also, teleport traps. But you won't get those on noob level boxes.
Re: A Box Question or actually a trap question 02/23/2010 12:40 PM CST
Thanks for the answer...I know I don't have to post IC but since I play a ranger and rarely post in any other folders except the general discussions and ranger ones, well I kinda feel like what I posted...a little apprehensive about posting as a ranger in another's folder.

Now you know I don't do noob boxes...my boxes are usually from adan'f, geni and bandits from Rossman's.

So are you saying there are no more death traps or teleport traps? There used to be teleport on fen boxes, I remember as I got ported to Aesry once from Langen...that was a long trip back.

Also, while I'm in the folder, I could use some advice.

After the above boxes don't teach me anymore...which is next higher up boxes?

Thanks again for the answers...hope you all are dealing well with the DR withdrawals...Me? I'm all twtichy and getting ready to do 3 months of laundry.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky and no we ain't imposters though Lucky does do some distracting things
Re: A Box Question or actually a trap question 02/23/2010 12:49 PM CST
>So are you saying there are no more death traps or teleport traps?

That isn't what we said at all.

The damage traps do is relative to their difficulty modified by your disarm skill. If you push your limits you're much more likely to die. And teleport traps do still exist, but only on boxes that are difficult enough. Adan'f boxes are not that level. Hence the noob boxes comment.
Re: A Box Question or actually a trap question 02/23/2010 01:13 PM CST
Teleport boxes are extremely rare. My thief only has 312-ish disarming and have only noticed them less than a handful of times between geni's, adanf, zombie rakash/prydaens, and germs. Although I admit I don't pay that close attention to my box popping script.

Next up is probably Shalswar, but I can barely hunt those and no one seems to ever be on the gweths around Gryphons to offer box popping.