Box Levels 05/28/2009 05:35 AM CDT
Hey all, I was wondering on some of the beginning levels of box ranges, such as after gob etc and what the best route would be to go (ie, best box drop rate etc)
any help is appreciated.
Re: Box Levels 05/28/2009 06:38 AM CDT
It kind of depends on weapons skills. The route I went was goblins, wood trolls, dusk ogres, rock trolls, then something like vines and marauders. If I remember right dusk ogres helped me out a lot. They got me out of that occasionally blowing up a box range.

Mujaki Paladin of the people.
Re: Box Levels 05/28/2009 09:13 AM CDT
louts, goblins, grendels, nyads/dryads, goblin shamans, wood trolls, rock trolls, reavers, dusk ogre, sprites. or something to that effect.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: Box Levels 05/28/2009 01:31 PM CDT
Louts, Gobins (goblins goblins goblins...seriously, til like 40 ranks), then sit in grass eels a bit to get combats to ~50ish, then sprites in ratha.
Alternately, if you want to stick around crossing:
Louts to 10, goblins to 40ish, grendels and wood trolls til you don't learn combats from them anymore, reavers, rock trolls...not sure what comes after rock trolls. Maybe those blood wolves/ogres out west, but most people move to either vines/creepers in Theren, or silver leucros and swains in ratha, I think.

The general rule of thumb is that a creature will teach hiding, stalking, lockpicking, and disarm traps at about the same hard caps as they teach combats.
Re: Box Levels 05/28/2009 01:38 PM CDT
I'm a big advocate of s'lai scouts between goblins and sprites. Box gen rate isn't the greatest but they can be swarmy, so it's not bad. They are also skinnable and BSable. They stop teaching BS at 60 ranks, but I think hiding and stalking go a bit higher if I remember right.

After scouts move on to sand sprites or rock trolls.

You never need an argument against the use of violence, you need an argument for it.
-Noam Chomsky