Pick Id 05/10/2009 01:36 PM CDT
when attempting to ID a lock does it matter wha kinda lockpicks in your hand? thanks!
Re: Pick Id 05/10/2009 04:28 PM CDT
no. welcome

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: Pick Id 05/10/2009 05:34 PM CDT
I thought they hadn't implemented the different locks? I think the messaging is in place, but it doesn't have any effect.

Elemancer Opieus, Warrior Mage of Elanthia
I blame Bubba:
http://the-emu.mybrute.com
Re: Pick Id 05/10/2009 09:53 PM CDT
oye vey.. ok.. more detailed for those who don't really know...

for Pick ID, it does not matter what type of pick you have in your hand. period.

The messaging from pick id will tell you what kind of pick you need to use WHEN the lockpick system is rewritten and the locks for the boxes are active.

That will not happen until the Mech Lore split, which probably won't even be Simu Soon.

report: not sure if this is a problem.. but there are two sentinel Kristef's on the streets.

SEND[Abasha] That's not Kristef, that's his evil twin, um... Kristeff. Anyway thanks for the heads up!
Re: Pick Id 05/10/2009 11:10 PM CDT
I wish pick id didn't need a pick. It'll be annoying to have to switch picks every time because you didn't have the right one at first.

Of course I'm lazy enough to probably just use the same one anyway, especially since I use ground picks. It already takes too much typing to disarm boxes.
Re: Pick Id 05/11/2009 06:20 AM CDT
I believe, at least for thieves, that Grandmaster picks will probably still open any box. The lesser picks probably won't though.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Re: Pick Id 05/11/2009 10:59 AM CDT
>>but it doesn't have any effect.

Mostly true. You do, however, learn from a successful attempt for those interested in a touch more experience.

~Talo, Prydaen Barbarian~
Re: Pick Id 05/11/2009 06:46 PM CDT
Pick ID tells you the difficulty of the box and takes off the penalty of trying to pop it while it's not ID'd. Pick ANALYZE will tell you the type of lock it is, won't matter until the Mech Lore split. Like Sothios said, that won't be coming around anytime soon.

Still, no reason to not PICK ANALYZE everytime you're popping a box. It gives a negligible amount of XP, but it's an excellent way to train Perception.