Extra box damage 06/20/2008 05:26 PM CDT
You attempt to disarm the trap on the iron strongbox...

You barely have time to register a faint click before a blinding flash explodes around you, and you find yourself being hurled half-senseless through the air!
You are stunned!
As the fireball threatens to blossom further, you ineptly clutch the strongbox close to yourself!

I understand that this was implemented to prevent people from blowing boxes in crowded rooms on purpose, but is it supposed to do that even when you are alone?
Re: Extra box damage 06/20/2008 06:54 PM CDT
>I understand that this was implemented to prevent people from blowing boxes in crowded rooms on purpose, but is it supposed to do that even when you are alone?<

Yes, it's supposed to do that if you don't have any business disarming or picking through that particular trap. The way it detects this for disarming is a little screwed up but that will be fixed relatively soon.

-Z
Re: Extra box damage 06/20/2008 08:53 PM CDT
Been getting that on boxes I can disarm blindfolded. It's good to hear that it's getting worked on.
Re: Extra box damage 06/20/2008 09:48 PM CDT

<<Yes, it's supposed to do that if you don't have any business disarming or picking through that particular trap.>>

picking thru ain't the problem. i get it on the harvesting step. the other steps aren't a problem. ALthough i'd much prefer the "self-inflicted" box on the poison gas traps rather than getting a warrent.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>