I've been saved? 04/17/2008 09:47 AM CDT

Thanks to an instinct provided by your sense of security, you barely avoid detonating the trap due to your fumbling efforts. You doubt you'll be this lucky every time.
Roundtime: 10 seconds.

Well hell, I guess everyone can get lucky. Surprised me as this is the first time I've seen it since release.
Re: I've been saved? 04/17/2008 10:27 AM CDT
Thats my favorite part of that ability. I wonder if its a static chance or if skill/higher concentration increases the chance of it happening?

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: I've been saved? 04/17/2008 01:22 PM CDT
i've only had it happen once. i blow myself up frequently. :-)

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: I've been saved? 04/17/2008 02:56 PM CDT
>> i've only had it happen once. i blow myself up frequently. :-)

Anyone know if the saving roll can happen when HARVESTing a box? I've had it save it a couple times on a BLIND disarm, but never a harvest.

~Dreamricti Surmevarti
Malzard says, "Decisions on genocide should be left to those with souls."
Re: I've been saved? 04/17/2008 04:48 PM CDT
It hasn't happened to me at all, and I've been hoping to get it. =/

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: I've been saved? 04/17/2008 07:17 PM CDT
>Anyone know if the saving roll can happen when HARVESTing a box? I've had it save it a couple times on a BLIND disarm, but never a harvest.

IIRC, the one and only time Ive had it work was on a harvest attempt. That was when they were still in Plat preview.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: I've been saved? 04/17/2008 09:03 PM CDT
I get the saving roll w/Secure on a fairly regular basis, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten it IDing, MARKing, as well as the various disarms, and Harvest.
Re: I've been saved? 04/18/2008 11:18 AM CDT
ID will never blow the trap, or teach any thing.
Re: I've been saved? 04/18/2008 12:41 PM CDT
Except perception.
Re: I've been saved? 04/18/2008 01:42 PM CDT
im pretty sure mark is the big perception teacher, and am pretty sure the GMs made ID teach nothing because there is no risk. Full armor/burden/hindrance/whatever ID wont blow.

But I dont remember it being this way always? Dunno, recently started a thief for the first time since the bard guild was one of those 'yeah right, theyve been talking about that forever' deals.

Think they changed ID and made it no teaching/no failing because people kept pet boxes to learn disarm/perception off of. May be mistaken, all I remember is that I use to always carry around pet boxes :D
Re: I've been saved? 04/18/2008 10:59 PM CDT
Test it.

Clear your perception skill (and everything else). Disarm ID a box. Check it every 10 seconds for a minute.

If you get any perception skill, it teaches. Otherwise, it doesn't.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin