Box Components 04/07/2007 03:17 AM CDT
Is there a place in Shard to sell off box components?
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 09:12 AM CDT
>>Is there a place in Shard to sell off box components?

Yes.

~Minstrel Ascot, Song Weaver of M'riss
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 01:53 PM CDT
Ok, after checking everywhere... am I correct in assuming you can't sell the components until you've entered the guild in Shard? And.. does it involve trying to buy something and not having the money for it? ..I've been in Shards guild some years ago so (I already know what I need to do to get in), but I've never sold parts down there. I don't actually want to know where, just that if it involves the .. previously stated action.
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 02:18 PM CDT
My only hint to you is in the form of a question: How are player-crafted lockpicks created?

Happiness stems only from violence. - The Stock
It's like putting a band-aid on cancer. - Philip Anselmo
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 02:23 PM CDT
my hint is better. You should know the answer already. dur.

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
Aesry Locksmith Union Representative
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 02:34 PM CDT
> My only hint to you is in the form of a question: How are player-crafted lockpicks created?

Ok, I've been there before... and I assumed that's where I needed to go after I've checked all the "open" NPCs with failure. My question is: Is getting into Shards guild a requirement for triggering this? Reason I asked is.. I tried to get "there" but was only kicked out of the... building... so I figure maybe getting into Shards guild first was a prerequisite to getting in this place. Of course, this isn't a requirement to get into the guild.. just thought maybe it works the opposite. Is this getting confusing?
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 02:46 PM CDT
Sweet talk him first.

~Minstrel Ascot, Song Weaver of M'riss
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 02:48 PM CDT
>Ok, after checking everywhere... am I correct in assuming you can't sell the components until you've entered the guild in Shard?

No. I was harvesting and selling goblin box parts well before 20th circle. I know for sure the pawnshops will buy parts at a non-premium price, regardless of circle (price aint that grand). But if you think about it a bit, you should figure out who to give the pouches to.

Note: It's not a bartender, but it is a shop.
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 03:11 PM CDT
bah, its not a secret, it was put on the boards by Natala before she left Dragonrealms. Ask the locksmith in Shard about the pouch. The location of said shop is secret. But the locksmiths name is Kilam. Ragge will also give you pouches after a certain circle. Not sure which circle. But that is also who you would give the pouches to. But you won't be able to sell the parts, or the pouches if there's anyone else in the shop thats not a thief. He ignores you. But no, its no secret, do a search for DR-Natala in this folder. And you'll find her post about it.

~Dalkin~
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 03:17 PM CDT
For your viewing pleasure:

post # 1579

* Hey you...in the cloak! What's in that little pou...

The locksmiths of Elanthia are interested in obtaining large quantities of certain items that they previously would only buy one by one. This means that -- so long as they are packaged properly -- sales can now be made in bulk.

A couple notes:
1) This currently only applies to the locksmiths that run actual shops.
2) I'll be listening for issues and questions for a couple of days and then, if needed, I'll post again to provide some more information.

DR-Natala

Post # 1611

>>>><<1) The fact that pouches are only distributed in one location is intentional.>>

>>Why is this? Why regulate it like this? It's just a pouch, nothing illegial about it.

Kilam's the person who had the uhh... contacts to arrange it first. The others might manage to come to separate agreements with the supplier later.

As an aside, if anyone has questions or comments on the pouches that they're not comfortable with posting for one reason or another, feel free to send an e-mail (dr-natala@play.net).

No promises of a response, because in most (probably all) cases I won't write back. I just wanted to make sure that you realize you can drop me a note directly when there are issues/suggestions/comments/whatever that you don't want to put on the boards (or can't figure out a way of saying without giving more detail about guild secrets than you'd like).

I'm glad everyone's been enjoying the pouches :)

NOTE at the time, the pouches could only be gotten from one locksmith location. Now, they can be gotten from 3 locksmith locations.

Post # 1613

>>Er...did you really want to say the guy's name on the boards? I think it was supposed to be a secret?

I'll admit I hadn't been thinking about it at the time ::grin::

I don't really mind too much either way though. I was mostly saying as little as possible because I know some people enjoy that first rush of running around trying to figure out the details of the latest release.

That initial rush is over and, on the whole, I'm content to treat this about the same as harvest issues in general (which are mostly discussed openly).

~Dalkin~
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 03:35 PM CDT
> bah, its not a secret, it was put on the boards by Natala before she left Dragonrealms. Ask the locksmith in Shard about the pouch. The location of said shop is secret. But the locksmiths name is Kilam. Ragge will also give you pouches after a certain circle. Not sure which circle. But that is also who you would give the pouches to. But you won't be able to sell the parts, or the pouches if there's anyone else in the shop thats not a thief. He ignores you. But no, its no secret, do a search for DR-Natala in this folder. And you'll find her post about it.

Heh, ok I didn't know about the pouches. I knew about everything else though, except for certain where to sell the parts which.. now I do. Secret or no, I wanted to .. somehow try and not spill certain.. "details." I had "fun" as you say figuring it out the first time.

Unfortunately my luck with timing has always been off, and nothing's changed. Figures things are closed at night... :::ducks:::
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 06:35 PM CDT
Speaking of which, I seem to recall there was a place to sell them on Ratha, but I can't seem to locate a locksmith there. I know I don't know the area very well, but could someone confirm that you can in fact sell components on Ratha?

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Diarik
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pensive-spirit/

Holiness of soul lies within integrity. - Book of Eluned, Magica Bona
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 06:42 PM CDT
I confirm you can in fact sell them on Ratha

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Box Components 04/07/2007 07:22 PM CDT
it has absolutely nothing to do with getting into the shard guild.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Box Components 04/08/2007 05:16 AM CDT
I too confirm that you can sell components on Ratha and that getting access to the guild in Shard has nothing to do with selling components there.

Happiness stems only from violence. - The Stock
It's like putting a band-aid on cancer. - Philip Anselmo
Re: Box Components 04/08/2007 01:34 PM CDT
>>Ragge will also give you pouches after a certain circle. Not sure which circle.

I hope this is not breaking any secret, but the circle req is below 10. That's about as far as I will go, just in case.

Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles.
- George Jean Nathan
Re: Box Components 04/08/2007 02:06 PM CDT
I located someone and they told me the rest of what I needed to know, so I got my components sold. No more reason for me to go back to Crossing unless I'm too lazy to write up another stealing script. (Which I am.)

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Diarik
http://www.livejournal.com/users/pensive-spirit/

Holiness of soul lies within integrity. - Book of Eluned, Magica Bona
Re: Box Components 04/08/2007 02:18 PM CDT
<<I hope this is not breaking any secret, but the circle req is below 10. That's about as far as I will go, just in case.

Any idea on syntax? When I ask Ragge for a pouch he says he doesn't know anything about that. You can email my play.net account if you don't want to post it.
Re: Box Components 04/08/2007 02:21 PM CDT
>Any idea on syntax? When I ask Ragge for a pouch he says he doesn't know anything about that. You can email my play.net account if you don't want to post it.

I have never been able to get Ragge to give me a pouch. A 20+ thief couldn't figure it out too. Either it's something obtuse like 'kick ragge 3 times, punch yourself, tickle your aunt, and bark like a dog' or it's broken in plat, or was when I tried.
Re: Box Components 04/09/2007 01:15 PM CDT
>>Any idea on syntax? When I ask Ragge for a pouch he says he doesn't know anything about that. You can email my play.net account if you don't want to post it.

Ragge does not offer them.

ask <npc name> for pouch

Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles.
- George Jean Nathan
Re: Box Components 04/10/2007 12:08 AM CDT
ASK Kilam for pouch. Now find Kilam.

Where he is though, others have already hinted, and it's probably an in-game secret. In Shard, but not in the guild, as Dalkin posted.

And it was irritating finding the guy. Not fun, not rewarding, irritating. At least I know where to get...supplies now.

"Whatever, it's the end of the world. There's actually a Trader guild now. Bards are no longer useless. Empaths can finally stand up for themselves. We're all doomed."
- Vinjince
Re: Box Components 04/10/2007 07:22 PM CDT
I already knew about Shard's guild and how to get in, and I already knew about Kilam and how to find him. Knew all this stuff for years. The only thing I did not know was if box components could be sold in Shard, or where. That was my original question. I assumed they would be sold at Kilam's which at first I tried but couldn't get in (because after being away so long I forgot one little detail - someone mentioned sweet talkin somebody which reminded me).

So, to the point - my question was answered. ;) Now I gotta go raise 'ell.
Re: Box Components 04/10/2007 08:19 PM CDT
>>I already knew about Shard's guild and how to get in, and I already knew about Kilam and how to find him. Knew all this stuff for years. The only thing I did not know was if box components could be sold in Shard, or where. That was my original question. I assumed they would be sold at Kilam's which at first I tried but couldn't get in (because after being away so long I forgot one little detail - someone mentioned sweet talkin somebody which reminded me).

That's pretty much accurate for any sort of puzzle-type thing in DR. By the time you get to go on quests other than favor quests, you've potentially been everywhere and have discovered everything even if you didn't recognize what went with what.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html