Disarm/picks Question 03/10/2007 01:30 PM CST
Hello Thieves, hope you don't mind a small intrusion by a VERY amateur box opener. I'm wondering if there's any info anywhere, like a chart, that shows critters and how much skill's needed to get their boxes open, with no bonuses. Thanks

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
If I knew the way I would take you home

hey, where'd all my money go?
Re: Disarm/picks Question 03/10/2007 02:54 PM CST
yes

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
Aesry Locksmith Union Representative
Re: Disarm/picks Question 03/10/2007 03:06 PM CST
Most of the people posting in this forum have the Thief bonus, so we might not be able to help you very easily as far as how much skill is needed to pick boxes without bonuses. The only chart that I know of like the one you have requested has the Thief bonus factored in already. However, in the "Abilities, Skills and Magic" forum, there is a topic called "Survival Skills - Economic" which is meant for discussions regarding lockpicking, disarming and skinning (I think). You might have more luck over there since there are bound to be people reading it who do not have the Thief bonus! (Do Rangers get a bonus to lockpicking and disarming? I do not know...)

Also, the easiest, fastest and least fatal way to get boxes open is to go to the Locksmith Union's nearest box-opening spot. (Obligatory plug.)

Luck to you,

-- The Player of of Storyteller Lorzelophia
Re: Disarm/picks Question 03/11/2007 09:41 AM CDT
Go to the Locksmith Union website and there is a list there. Use it as a guide in order to know how you should be progressing.
http://www.lurksponge.com/locksmithunion/

Happiness stems only from violence. - The Stock
It's like putting a band-aid on cancer. - Philip Anselmo
Re: Disarm/picks Question 03/11/2007 05:47 PM CDT
* Your post here *go to the locksmith union site and add about 30ish ranks or so to get the level you'd be able to attempt if you're not a thief. although it does vary with agility, or any spells or other abilities that help perception.

I.e. MM CV
ranger wolf scent and wotp
barbarian eagle dance
bard drums of the snake CAN work, but only if said bard has disarm/locks among their top survivals.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."