Thief metamagic feats 12/30/2017 05:15 AM CST
There was some discussion about this in the discord, but some people read here and not there, so I thought I'd broaden the conversation a bit.

What types of metamagic feats would we like to suggest for the GMs?

Some of the bare basics were mastery type feats, which give a bonus to magic ranks. Something to increase our effective concentration pool.

Also surprisingly popular was one to allow backstabbing with any weapon or weight, but drop the alpha strike ability. The goal is to train BS without having to rely on 1 weapon class and template at a specific weight, but also not create 'backstabbing with my house-sized mattock now' situations.

And people wanted a feat to allow debilitation moves to hurt mages mana/concentration directly since magic is an interesting counter to stealth right now.
Re: Thief metamagic feats 12/30/2017 01:21 PM CST
>ideas

Yes please. Post ideas!

>mastery type feats, which give a bonus to magic ranks. Something to increase our effective concentration pool.

Mastery type feats are possible. One that increases concentration might be possible. Possibly one that reduces concentration costs of Khri.

>allow backstabbing with any weapon

I was under the impression Backstabbing is fairly easily trainable now with Debilitation Khri, so the backstabbing with any weapon doesn't seem all that useful.

>moves to hurt mages mana/concentration

A move that hurts concentration would probably either be a Khri or an ambush. I'd have to discuss a move that affects mana, as I'm not well versed on the lore behind mana. It wouldn't be a mastery feat, anyway, but I'm not opposed to ideas for new Khri.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Thief metamagic feats 12/30/2017 01:49 PM CST
I don't think I added it, but I would really love to see a focus command. Being able to focus on, and possibly charge up, my own MD would be great.

I can already read scrolls, and I've got a ton of arcana. But since I'm classed as an NMU no focus.

Bear in mind that all of my suggestions and thoughts come from low (0-20-50) level thief playing. I specifically don't think these are things that high level thieves would need, because the system seems balanced for them right now. To the point where you break over and run away. I don't expect all of these to be taken fully on board, because it'd probably make a lopsided ship in the other direction. I'm just shotgunning ideas.

Another feat that might be worth slotting is one that effects the ability to start multiple khri in a single command. For the most part it's saving you 3 seconds of RT (khri focus, pause, khri haste, pause, etc.) but I'd spend a slot for earlier access.

If we can't remove the sit/kneel system entirely, I'd probably be happy to spend a slot for a feat to do that as well.

Possibly a feat that helps reach max duration on abilities faster, that isn't a straight skill bonus.
Re: Thief metamagic feats 12/30/2017 02:01 PM CST
I really wouldn't care if there was a delay/kneeling option that made it through a rewrite. As long as they always worked. Like, if I kneel and use delay, maybe my boosts are 10% stronger for 5 minutes or whatever. But it would be nice if that always worked. Right now any benefit from them stops if you have the skill. I can totally see even the highest level thief closing their eyes for a second to make sure they get everything in order mentally before it all goes down.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.