Training... 12/04/2016 03:07 AM CST
Im posting here even though this is a request for things to train on that may do just as well in another folder. This is about stab training specificly thats why my choice here.

Since Ive returned to DR and with the Really Spectacular hits I took in losing a crap ton of Lore skills and a hair less than a crap ton in survivals, Ive had to learn things I never really did a lot in before. That being combats and armor. Ive had the become more than an indifferent trainer in combats. While still not my favorite things to train, at least Ive figured out more than just hack/slash. I am however running into a training issue I never really expected to face.

Im at a higher degree expert in 'stab. What I'll be training that skill on next will get me good for awhile. At lest to mid to higher Professional. My problem is I dont really know where to go after that. I have a few restrictions in what Im looking for. Im NOT interested in going to Shard and Im not interested in being around Crossing. The critter needs to do boxes (I may not need that skill for 30 or 40 clircles but I still want to train it). The places that would work best for me are Velaka (Muspari), Forfedhdar and Ratha (If I REALLY have to, but not the other islands).No non-corporeal undead (they give me the willies something bad). Oh, what and where I'll be sometime soon will be Black Marble Gargs in Forfedhdar. So I need an idea for after that. I try to keep a plan in my head for a bit ahead of what Im currently doing.

So, what would someone with better 'stab than I will have after Marble Gargs train the 'stab skill on?

Sok Masticack Dwarven Thief and Musparan Sandrat Extrodinaire
Re: Training... 12/04/2016 10:10 AM CST
There's lots of choices at those levels. Conjurers in Velaka. Mountain giants, DP zealots in Forfedhdar. There's others, and more in other places as well. I'd suggest just going down the ladder on the wiki.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Category:Hunting_ladders
Re: Training... 12/04/2016 10:15 AM CST
Maybe it's just early, but I have no clue what you're trying to ask.

Maybe drop the RP-skill stuff, and say it plain in numbers and simplistic language.
Re: Training... 12/04/2016 01:22 PM CST
I get that your backstabbing ranks are ahead of everything else but my advice is not to focus entirely too much on backstabbing and try to find something to hunt that works for everything. If your backstabbing is too far ahead then try to catch up.

As i've always trained everything at the same pace, i can't say that i completely know what you're dealing with but if i'm not mistaken backstabbing caps are very lenient compared to the rest of the combat skills, so there might still be hope.

I'm assuming you're talking about around 400-500 rank range and in that case my favorite would be the shadow beast. They can both be skinned and have boxes. That's a luxury you rarely get in this world.
Re: Training... 12/04/2016 06:25 PM CST
Thanks for the tips. I actually didn't know the hunting ladder existed.

Yes, the skill range listed in numbers is the general ballpark I'm looking at.

As for the rp listing, call me old school and you would be correct. I do things that not many do anymore in my posts. Yes I know these things can be said differently on the boards, I just choose not to.

Re: Training... 12/04/2016 08:54 PM CST
At this point in DR's life cycle, it's a safe bet that all of us have played as long (or longer) than you, since you took a break. For clarity, I don't fall into the 'longer' group since I play on/off so frequently.

I was just saying that I couldn't piece together what you were asking because your flowery prose and use of the really-completely-ignored RP skill thing was confusing on an OOC forum.

Now that I've looked back, I guess you were asking for BS training advice?

Mine: don't use BS for training as it kills too quickly. Either use ambush stun/slash, or use khri prowess. It trains BS as a side effect. Should be fine irrespective of critter as long as you win the stat contest and aren't outside the teaching range.
Re: Training... 12/04/2016 09:09 PM CST
Sok has a lot to learn about thieving again. Lots has changed. I won't say you cant pigeon hole yourself with a bunch of restrictions because you can, but your options become few and much farther between. You will be sorely disappointed if you keep up with the restrictions. Just sayin.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Training... 12/05/2016 01:35 AM CST
>>Sok has a lot to learn about thieving again. Lots has changed. I won't say you cant pigeon hole yourself with a bunch of restrictions because you can, but your options become few and much farther between. You will be sorely disappointed if you keep up with the restrictions. Just sayin.

Yes Elec, you hit the nail on the head. I do have a lot to relearn and am working on that. You know how I used to train. For me to focus on cambats, thats a massive change for me. As for those restrictions, yeah, I know it can cause me problems and Ive thought about them but am willing to deal with them for the time being. Im not planning on keeping them for a long period of time.

By the way, Glad to see you are still around.

Re: Training... 12/05/2016 06:55 AM CST
Hit me up on IM, I'll get you sorted out.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Training... 12/05/2016 06:56 AM CST
Wanted to make sure it was really you before being all cordial. I thought I remembered hearing you got him back. Welcome back.

Monster Elec

Re: Training... 12/05/2016 03:31 PM CST
I will be on late today and if I see you on I'll give a holler

Sok Masticack Dwarven Thief and Muspiaran Sandrat Extrodinaire