PvP tactics 05/04/2016 08:03 AM CDT
Ninevah posted in the barb folders that the only at level opponent s/he has a problem with are barbs.

I'm curious as to whether everyone has the same experience, and what you guys do if so. Just hide backstab and run proper khri? Not super familiar with thief mechanics.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: PvP tactics 05/04/2016 08:39 AM CDT
>>Ninevah posted in the barb folders that the only at level opponent s/he has a problem with are barbs.

He, and to clarify I said consistently. Any well trained/played guild can be a problem, even at level, but Barbs seem to be tough even when I have the edge on them on a regular basis.
Re: PvP tactics 05/04/2016 03:03 PM CDT

Was wondering how stealth works in PVP with our khri silence. Especially with WATCH in effect. I sometimes was hidden or invisible and still taking hits (how they could see me to hit me when I was hidden/ invisible who knows). On another post I think it was suggested that its possible to use backstab or ambushes with pulsing invisibility during PVP, as a counter to the huge bonus of WATCH. Any clarification of how this all works would be huge. Thanks
Re: PvP tactics 05/04/2016 05:56 PM CDT
>>I sometimes was hidden or invisible and still taking hits (how they could see me to hit me when I was hidden/ invisible who knows).

They had spot-effect on you more than likely, which means even if you successfully hide/go inviso during a certain amount of time after they spot you they still see you and can act on you. Inviso used to break spot-effect but it doesn't seem to anymore.

>> On another post I think it was suggested that its possible to use backstab or ambushes with pulsing invisibility during PVP, as a counter to the huge bonus of WATCH.

Inviso is the same as being hidden when it comes to using any kind of stealth attack (BS/Snipe/Ambush). If you can't hide while at melee/pole then Silence will definitely help get you into a position to use our abilities. It won't negate any buffs to Perception that they have (including Watch) so any Stealth contests will still be tough to pull off, but it is very useful in PvP.
Re: PvP tactics 05/05/2016 06:26 PM CDT
Spot effect is a confusing and stupid relic system in DR. If you get spotted once, leave the room for a bit. Otherwise the opponent has a timed bonus on seeing you again.

Just another dumb broken system thieves have stacked against their main skillset.
Re: PvP tactics 05/05/2016 08:30 PM CDT
But that's ok! Because what the game needs more than anything else is more magic.
Re: PvP tactics 06/01/2016 07:23 AM CDT

I havnt had Rif in game for months and months. But yeah, a Barb was the harder from memory, just with inflicting the vitality enough before it pulsed up again. Also plate and brig armors sucked aswell. I haven't asked about it, or read anything, other than seen stat resetters, so am i assuming this can be done for anyone? In the case you can, i would like to spend the money on restatting, as a player that had his stats and they still are the way you trained them pre 3.0.

Rifkinn