Training blade 11/16/2013 11:13 PM CST
Without getting into semantics about 'this blade' vs. 'that blade', is it better, strictly for learning, not damage or whatever, to use a weapon with high puncture value, or one with moderate/low puncture?

Strictly concerned with training the backstab skill itself, not stealth or any other combats.

Let's assume 3 scenarios, a low, moderate, and high gen hunting ground. High is 'never have less than 3 BS'able critters on you', low is 'have to hunt for that one to kill' and moderate is...hopefully you can assume.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Training blade 11/17/2013 01:07 AM CST
I would nix the idea of even bothering with the low gen critter. What's the point when there are other options? Anyways, the more targets you have the better. The faster you go through them the better. If you do that with a tiny dart, then so be it. If I'm stabbing, I use a kertig thrusting blade. It's one point off in puncture from my old school glaes great puncture sabre which collects dust in my vault. If I'm going to stab, it's going to be with that. That being said, the number of decent BSable creatures to form a good creature ladder is slim. So I train by ambushing a specific body part. When not low level it works quite well.

Beast Elec Drister

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
―Jayne Cobb

MM1 (EXW) -USN 1999-present
Re: Training blade 11/17/2013 02:17 AM CST

If I was stuck training in a medium or low spawn I'd use a high balance, and somewhat fair puncture LE.

Still does enough damage for exp and kills, but critters last a few more hits each.

Also since its an LE you're going to occasionally get 2 second RT on backstab instead of always 3 with a ME.

In a high spawn, I'd go with a high puncture high balance LE.