Backstab technique question 11/15/2012 07:41 PM CST
If anyone is willing to share, I'm trying to determine the most "exp generating" method of training backstab on quadrapeds. I've been using attack 'body part' from hiding, but it doesn't seem to train Backstab very effeciently. I'm using a telek, so am wondering if switching to a thrusting ME or even a slicing ME would train BS better? Any tips, techniques, etc would be appreciated! Thanks.

- Elvis left the building years ago...and is not coming back
Re: Backstab technique question 11/15/2012 07:53 PM CST
My two cents:

Backstab the highest tier creature you can, not necessarily something you could dance with
Use LE only, no penalty on your backstab and less roundtime
Ambush sight, it helps you overcome perception and teaches backstab as well
If learning is slow because your ranks are getting higher, use shadowstep to quicken engagement
Re: Backstab technique question 11/15/2012 09:32 PM CST
Doesn't area attacked determine difficulty/exp? So stabbing eyes is better exp than chests, etc.?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Backstab technique question 11/16/2012 05:19 AM CST
>>So stabbing eyes is better exp than chests, etc.?

Yes this is correct. If you are training on quadrupeds then the best way to do it is to aim for the eyes/head/neck. Or the hardest body part you can hit while still passing the ambush check. (Not getting the "You failed to surprise the target" message)
Re: Backstab technique question 11/16/2012 08:01 AM CST
Thanks that did it, and it makes sense (scary) that harder to hit body parts would train better heh..thanks again for the quick and accurate responses!
Re: Backstab technique question 11/16/2012 10:34 AM CST
I'm not sure if this works better than attacking a hard to hit part, but what I do is I attack limbs. I attack the right arm until I take it off, then the left arm, etc. From what I understand each limb has the same health as the torso, and exp is based on the amount of damage you do, so each time you remove a limb it's the same exp as if you had killed the critter. Maybe it depends on your skill vs the critter, but at 600 ranks I find this teaches better for me than aiming for an eye.