Backstab Weapons 08/15/2012 07:38 PM CDT

Is there a weight cap on backstabbing weapons? I'm trying to use a gladius but it gives me this message

Your gladius is a little awkward, but usable.
You'll need something a little lighter than this gladius.

Will this change with skill / strength? Or is there a weight cap?
Re: Backstab Weapons 08/15/2012 07:41 PM CDT
There is indeed such a weight limit.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Backstab Weapons 08/15/2012 07:58 PM CDT
its 30 stones or lower for ME weapons, or using appraise you can see if its backstabbable.

LE has no weight restrictions.
Re: Backstab Weapons 08/15/2012 08:37 PM CDT
<<There is indeed such a weight limit.>>

That limit is hard coded at 35 stones I think. Any LE/ME <= 34 stones is useable in a backstab.

This limit makes me a sad panda since all itleshes are 35 stones or heavier.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Backstab Weapons 08/15/2012 09:05 PM CDT
>>That limit is hard coded at 35 stones I think.

It's 30 stones as said in a previous post.
Re: Backstab Weapons 08/15/2012 09:06 PM CDT
Unless something has changed, the limit is under 30 stones.

I very specifically made several 29.x stone ME's under the old forging system for my own purposes to satisfy that limit.

I don't think there's a limit on LE's at all but if I ever get myself out of the forge I may try to backstab with an old heavy katar to check.

>Your gladius is a little awkward, but usable.
This line will always be there for ME's to signify the base penalty for not using LE.

>You'll need something a little lighter than this gladius.
this line means you're over the weight limit. The limit should be static and cannot be overcome with stats.

On an unrelated note, AMBUSH SLASH i believe has a weight limit equal to your strength. So theoretically you can ambush slash from pole with a greatsword.
Re: Backstab Weapons 08/15/2012 11:05 PM CDT
the old gladius were backstabbable weapons, i'll have to look up the one I have in my vault. they didn't exceed the weight limit though.

there is, as said, a strength test for larger weapons with ambush slash. there is also one for ambush stun with blunts. <you can also ambush stun with short staff>

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius