Offhand Backstab 07/21/2012 09:37 PM CDT
Does anyone know if offhand backstabbing suffers a penalty if Offhand is less than backstab, or only if offhand is less than LE/ME (whichever you are using)?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Offhand Backstab 07/22/2012 09:18 AM CDT
Offhand backstab seams to suffer from a percentage less of bits earned per hitting (it might just be something I think I am seeing, but its the feel I get after having hunted both offhand and right hand backstabbing through just about everything).

As far as offhand hurting the backstab attack, haven't seen a problem (My offhand just about always dwarves all offensive skills (and I am one of those people that just never seems to keep backstab rolling with some decent mindsets).
Re: Offhand Backstab 07/22/2012 03:01 PM CDT
I'm curious, merely because I don't have much experience with Thieves:

Is there some kind of benefit to offhand backstabbing? Is it more difficult, thus it teaches more? Do you just learn the extra skill (OH) for each attack?

Thanks
GENT
Re: Offhand Backstab 07/22/2012 03:04 PM CDT
Been a while since I tried it, but I have the same memory as Shadow7988. Training Backstab OW merely slows it down even more as bits drain into the OW skill. Not recommended since most folks aren't complaining about BS locking way too fast.

Kaxis

>A Dwarven Inquisitorial deacon points at you and shouts, "Burn him! Kaxis is a Necromancer!"
Re: Offhand Backstab 07/22/2012 03:29 PM CDT
>>Is there some kind of benefit to offhand backstabbing?

Aim;Snipe;Backstab

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Offhand Backstab 07/22/2012 04:48 PM CDT
That Aim, Snipe, Backstab is something I should keep in the back of my mind.

Re: Offhand Backstab 07/22/2012 11:12 PM CDT
>>That Aim, Snipe, Backstab is something I should keep in the back of my mind.

Alternatively, dirt then backstab.
Re: Offhand Backstab 07/23/2012 05:34 AM CDT
>>Alternatively, dirt then backstab.

Why would you need offhand backstab for that?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

-Raesh
Re: Offhand Backstab 07/23/2012 09:18 PM CDT
AIM
SNIPE
H> swap
H>
You come out of hiding.
You move a dull black assassin's repeating crossbow to your left hand.
You move a message dagger to your right hand.

Because slip adds RT.