What creature to train on? 07/12/2011 03:42 PM CDT
Hi Guys,

I wrote a post earlier, but not sure where i posted it as it isn't in this section! Sorry for double posting! (I'm new to the forums!)

Anyhow, my question surrounds what I'm hunting, and whether its appropriate for my backstab skill. I am also looking to receive feedback on the combo I use.

I'm around 500 with backstab and hunt Hhinvis, I don't get past 6/x even after 1 hour of hunting.

My combo is as follows: ambush sight -> clout -> backstab = dead, move to next Hhinvi.

I have tried targeting the left eye as well, no difference just takes longer to kill the bugger with no real movement on the exp bar.

Should I be hunting something other than Hhinvis at my level? I'm sitting on around 550 in defences. Also, is my combo optimum for learning?

I know lots of people are complaining about the backstab learning rate, but any pointers on the above will be appreciated!
Re: What creature to train on? 07/12/2011 03:49 PM CDT
>Also, is my combo optimum for learning?

Killing them in a single hit with BS is only giving you a few bits of experience for the single hit. Currently, the optimum way to learn is actually to feint at a hard to hit area so you don't cause any real damage and can repeatedly attack the same enemy, gaining you lots and lots of tiny bits of experience since it doesn't immediately die.
Re: What creature to train on? 07/12/2011 07:04 PM CDT
What they said.

Only something I have noticed is even with a continuous stream of critters, IE always at least one in the room and getting 1 shot kills still doesn't teach as well as just feinting an eye over and over and over again.
If you aren't getting masterful positioning use khri to boost, or ambush sight to reduce their perc. An interesting (annoying) tidbit you don't even have to hit the critter in question to learn backstab via ambush.