Training 06/12/2007 08:52 PM CDT
I've been gone for quite awhile and recently come back and am looking for a place to train. I'm currently in garg's and it's getting harder to lock my thiefly skills. My current skills are such. I'm not even sure if this is where I should ask this question but here it is.
Leather Armor: 100 Parry Ability: 96
Multi Opponent: 86 Light Edged: 101
Medium Edged: 73 Twohanded Edged: 87
Evasion: 125 Perception: 143
Hiding: 157 Stalking: 154
Backstab: 117 Skinning: 118

Any ideas on where I should head to train my skills? Prefer something in the Crossing / Shard area but will travel if needed.
Re: Training 06/12/2007 08:58 PM CDT
kh'rei hatchlings or swains on ratha, or crossing thugs in sewers or thugs in the shard undershard.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Training 06/12/2007 09:08 PM CDT
thugs in undershard will work pretty well (might be a little hard to stab) but swains would be ideal.
Re: Training 06/13/2007 08:35 AM CDT
Stay where you are, train ME and 2he up to even with your LE and keep them there. Also, train a ranged. It's worth it - if only for the sniping bonus to training hiding.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Training 06/13/2007 12:55 PM CDT
If you go to Ratha, stick with Swains for a bit. You're just above where the sand sprites will teach you- though they do drop plenty of loot.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Training 06/13/2007 06:55 PM CDT
I've got 2 ranged, that I've stopped training for the moment until I can start sniping.
Short Bow: 80
Light Crossbow: 101

Re: Training 06/14/2007 08:53 AM CDT
>I've got 2 ranged, that I've stopped training for the moment until I can start sniping.

Interesting plan... but don't stop training them.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Training BS advice 08/23/2010 05:39 PM CDT
I am coming up to 30th circle and while I have no problem getting both hiding and stalking mind locked at 125 ranks each, my backstab is lagging behind at 80 ranks and it seems I cant get it moving much at all (usually only about 6/34 at best)

Ive tried going to harder creatures and ambushing from chest, to back to eyes and sticking with whichever i can hit, tried dropped down the critter list and ambushing the eyes. It seems either they are too easy for me and im gaining nothing from it, or they are too difficult and my success rate hampers my experience gain.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

~L
Re: Training BS advice 08/23/2010 06:09 PM CDT
80 ranks on backstab I would suggest heading to Ratha and find some sand sprites. They should teach backstab till about right at 100 ranks. They start slowing down about 95 ranks or so. So they'd be good for about 15 ranks. How much weapon ranks do you have? How hard are you hitting the critters that your hunting at the moment? What kind of weapon you using? LE/ME? Those are also factors when learning backstab.

After sand sprites, I'd say head to crossing thugs depending on your defenses. Thats the jump I had made.

Jim
Re: Training BS advice 08/23/2010 07:08 PM CDT
shield 80
evasion 90
ME 80
LE 60

will try thugs or over to sand sprites although from what im told I wont learn much more evasion off sprites now
Re: Training BS advice 08/23/2010 07:49 PM CDT
You really won't learn any evasion. I'm there now with a little over 60 ranks and never get above 2/34. Bipeds are bad for evasion in general.

This idea may have worked in another time and another place, but here it immediately fell on its face and went "Durp durp." - Armifer
Re: Training BS advice 08/23/2010 11:30 PM CDT
scratch thugs, they might tear you into itty bitty shreds. Sand sprites would be a good option, or possibly even blood wolves. Not certain on blood wolves, been a long while since I"ve trained on them. Once you hit about 115-120 in evasion, depending on your reflex, I'd say steeds in Shard. Sand sprites will move weapons though. Don't do like I have done and let weapons fall nearly 60 ranks behind backstab.

I'm learning that lesson now tryin to play catch up. Kicking myself for it. Going on 85th circle, and I had some bad habits of only stealth training. Worked great up to low 360's in stealth. And near 320 in backstab. But having my highest weapon nearly 60 ranks behind my backstab, yeah, I'm payin for it now. But it gives me the chance to train parry at about 15 ranks behind my highest weapon. So I've got something going.

Bipeds are bad for evasion learning in general. Thats for certain. I don't remember what Arbs teach to, but they are in the Haven area. Near ogres. Not dusk ogres, the others. Once you get about another 15 ranks in weapons, there's always vines and creepers. Or even Silver leuc's out on the islands (Ratha) once you get to about 90's in weapons, and 100's in evasion. Granted, again I don't remember what they teach to. But they teach higher than sand sprites. And if you cap out on them, there's always Swains (which are in town). And spawn 3 per character. Which are over silver leucro's.

Heh, rackin my brain here. If I think of anymore critters, I'll throw in another post.

Jim
Re: Training BS advice 08/24/2010 06:23 AM CDT
>I'm learning that lesson now tryin to play catch up. Kicking myself for it. Going on 85th circle, and I had some bad habits of only stealth training. Worked great up to low 360's in stealth. And near 320 in backstab. But having my highest weapon nearly 60 ranks behind my backstab, yeah, I'm payin for it now.

Bizarrely I am having the exact opposite problem. My primary weapon is 350s with backstab 320s, although I am working on rectifying that. I also have MO just 2 ranks behind primary weapon which says a lot about my training methods. The downside is that I whiff on backstabs when I can destroy something in the open.

>Sand sprites would be a good option, or possibly even blood wolves.

I think blood wolves will be ok up to ~100 ranks but better for defences. If you decide to go to sprites you can always ask for a gate over to Aesry to try the wolves there. I am not sure but after those could try the silver leucros on Ratha, then move to Swains, hatchlings then over to Aesry again for snow goblins/la'tami and oshu. The only part I am not sure about is the leucros as I am not sure what range they teach.
Re: Training BS advice 08/24/2010 06:28 AM CDT
oshu are a major pain for any guild without ethereal shield. well, except for empaths and necros, who can self-heal. The rest of the critters there would be good training though. And if you can get someone to bless your weapons, moss meys are good for stabbity in that range.

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath