A Letter to Home 03/27/2020 03:57 PM CDT
(This letter is written in regards to on-going in-game events, to give people a glimpse into things going on in one particular corner of the world)

Poho’hhsi Ur,

My journey to prove myself to the Sraan continues. I have been surprised at how much of a challenge it was to find an act or principle of worth to invest myself in, but I have determined that the best way to benefit Sraan Smolg is to assist all of the Sraans. Only then can I be received by my people, and truly better the S’Kra Mur.

These travels across the lands of the smoothskins, while troublesome, have allowed me to meet other Mur in similar situations. Last eve some smolgan and I were refreshing ourselves on hhr’pao and tea when we were happened upon by members of Sraan Irnhhth and Sraan Rasha. Ithkhep of Irnhhth is a dutiful Mur, tasked with watching over the sands of Velaka and reporting on dangers. I never did find out what brought her to that pit the curs refer to as Crossing, but she was often so silent that I did not consider prying. Ashunara of Rasha is an apprentice, and on a great journey to improve herself and return to her Sraan with tales from across the land. Her quest reminded me of the start of my own. I see a kinship in the struggles of our people, working hard to maintain the ways of the ancient Sraan. Their trials spark pride within me, and I hope to meet them again.

The two Murs came upon us when we were discussing a problem Qihhth was having. She has recently been at battle with the Kra’hei beneath our city and seen with her own eyes their strange behavior towards us. They called her sister and wept to her of their pain. I made an off-hand comment that perhaps they are cursed. Maybe they had been S’Kra and their gift of Peri’el had been removed by Ushnish in a fury for some terrible act committed long ago. She took this very seriously and now wishes to discover the history of these foul creatures. She is horrified by her own notions that she may have been killing Mur who were harmed not by the Gods, but by some other foul magic.

We were consulting the legendary Chosen of Drogor on the nature of the deformed sewer-dwellers when Ashunara suggested a compelling idea: to use Empathy and Bard magic to calm the creatures and decipher their tongue and madness. It will take weeks for Qihhth to regain her lost Empathy but we will adventure back home soon to unravel this mystery.

Ashu hhs’kho,

Yraggahh