Time to Return 10/21/2019 05:57 PM CDT
"Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives"

Ghust glared at the parchment on the wall. As he leaned back against the bars to his cell, he grabbed a piece of rubble and threw it at the parchment in frustration. How long had he even been here? "I just want to know where my wife is. How difficult is that to answer?" he spoke aloud, in his native Rakash.
"Hey!" cried out a voice, using Common language. "Cut out with that wolf noise. It's bad enough that we had to deal with your mangy hair getting all over the place, and your annoying howling at the moon."
Ghust suppressed a snarl, stood up, and sat on the bed that was a makeshift bed and bench. "Whatever ya got 'genst Rakash, ah dunno, but keep yer damn opinions to yerself"
A chorus of laughter rang out from the area which, from all appearances seemed to be a large dungeon, filled with at least a few rows of iron cells. Each cell was the same height and width and included a bed slash bench, a basin to wash up in, and in the corner, a chamber pot to go to the bathroom in. Any thoughts Ghust might have had regarding escape during feeding or cleaning of the cell went up in a poof of smoke when guards came to his cell and, before any type of cleaning, he was forcibly shoved face first against the bars. He was held like that until the other guards were finished with what needed to be done. Finally, he was let go as the guards left the cell. When the door was closed, another guard shoved a plate filled with what APPEARED to be food under the slot of the cell. Originally, Ghust tried a hunger strike, but that ended real quick when he realized that the guards really didn't give a <Rakash curse word> about him or any of the other prisoners.
Ghust fell over on the bed, depressed. No visitors, no news about his wife, nothing. He went back to trying to count how many holes were in the ceiling when a door that led out of the jail area opened.
"Inukuro, Ghust. On your feet!" a voice boomed out.
Startled, Ghust fell off his bed and then rapidly scrambled to his feet. His cell door was opened and he was shackled hands to feet. "Um, where we goin?" Ghust asked, rather timidly.
Without looking back, or stopping, the tall S'kra guard in front of him replied "Quiet, flith. You are not permitted to speak until instructed to."
On that note, Ghust shut his mouth and just followed the guards. He was led up a series of stairs and hallways, until finally he was brought before a large door. The guard in front of Ghust knocked upon door and the door opened by another guard, who was standing just inside the room. At the front of the room stood a podium. Ghust stood in front of it and gazed up at the S'kra sitting behind the podium.
"Ghust Inukuro. You have completed your 3 month jail sentence and are now to be set free. Your items are in the changing room right outside, to the left of this door. You will be brought to the atrium of the bank and expected to leave this island as soon as you are able."
Ghust shook his head at the judge. "What about mah wife? No one will tell me where she is! Ah demand to be told where she is an why ah can't see her!"
The guard behind Ghust thumped him. "Quiet, you."
As Ghust coughed and gagged, the judge looked at him with quiet, but cold eyes.
"Mr. Inukuro. Your wife, Shannera Inukuro has been placed, along with her parents, in a private cell where her fate will be decided. They have been charged with fishing in waters belonging to Ratha and their Lordships Eluned and Drogor without getting a permit first."
After getting his breath back, Ghust gazed down at the floor. "Ah understand. All ah ask is to be allowed to see her."
"You will be notified if and when she is released. Until then, no visitors are allowed. Now leave before I add another month to your sentence."
Ghust noded. He then left the room, got dressed, and made his way out of the building and to the bank, where he withdrew some money and made his way to the docks, hoping to rent a boat.
Gazing backwards as he sailed away back towards Crossing, Ghust swore he would get his wife back. In Rakash, he said quietly to himself "Shannera, my Muse, I WILL find you one day. They can't keep you locked up forever." And with that, he looked back towards Zoluren, looking forward to seeing his parents and friends again.