Letter to Heartsfyre 09/23/2019 04:53 AM CDT
The letter was labeled "To Heartsfyre of the Crossing." in a bold blunt style of writing. There was no return address, so she was curious as to whom would be sending her anything. So she, mostly out of curiosity, opened the envelope and pulled out an official well-typed letter.

Madam,

I have been asked to send you a message on behest of one Ghust Inukuro. He wished me to inform you that the person he thought dead was not and the body found was in actuality a drunken swain that had been mostly eaten by a tiger shark. Mr. Inukuro wished me to inform you that his wife and her parents are all alive and well. Mr. Inukuro regrets that he is unable to speak with you personally. Unfortunately, when he discovered the mistake, he flew into a rage and demanded his wife and her parents be immediately brought to him. When my men were unable to do so, he threatened to attack. He was easily dispatched, manacled, and thrown in the Prison here in Ratha. He will be kept in prison until his fate is decided.

As signed below,

House Zsikiel

Heartsfyre sighed, happy that Shannera was alive, but disappointed that her son was unable to conduct himself well and had gotten himself into trouble. He would have to get himself out of it too, she decided. He was an adult now and she couldn't always help him get out of trouble. She folded the letter, placing it on the table, and then went back to her work, wondering when her son and, possibly her daughter in law, would return.

Heartsfyre Maylan

All things are real. It's your perceptions that are at fault.