The Start Of The End 09/17/2019 08:15 PM CDT
It was the last day he saw her. He smiled at her as she stowed food and drink away with the rest of the supplies on the ship.
"Yer gonna eat all that?" he asked.
She laughs and shoves him aside.
"That would be you who would eat all of that. You know that my parents are the ones leading this expedition." she replied.
He chuckled and pulled her into his arms. "Yer really plannin' on goin into uncharted waters?"
She leaned against him, a look of contentment on her face. "Yes, my wolf. My parents are certain that there is an area past Ratha that has never before-seen fish. I wish you would join us, but I understand that, as an empath, you would not be able to help us fish. And I guess I DO need some bonding time with my parents. It's been.....a long while since we've traveled together, so this will be a good experience."
He nods, understanding all too well what family means to people.
Then a voice suddenly rings out "Okay everyone, time to start this boat and find untold treasures"
She giggles. He just shakes his head. "Yer dad is an interestin person."
As she nods in agreement, he takes her face in his hands. "Ah love you, mah bardess. Enjoy yer trip, an ah will wait for yer return". He pulls her into a long kiss and snuggles her in his arms. "Be safe".
He waves to her as he disembarks the ship. She blows him a kiss as the ship pulls away from the docks. He continues to wave until the ship is no longer visible.

And so he waits for her return. And waits. And waits. Finally, concerned that something has happened, he sends word to Ratha dock workers and Aesry dock workers for any information that could be found regarding the missing ship.

Six months have passed.

Ghust waited in the bar, where he was told to wait for someone who would have information on his lost wife and the ship she was on. As he downed his third whiskey, a tall Rakash walked into the establishment.

"I am looking for Ghust Inukuro" the stranger said in the Rakash language. "I was told he would be here".

Ghust stood up, bowed to the stranger and responded in his native language. "I am Ghust. I was told you have some information for me."

The stranger sat at a table, Ghust joining him. "Yes" the stranger replied. "I bring updated news on your search for your wife. Please excuse my manners. My name is Azal. I was the one who found information in regards to your lost wife and her family".

Ghust nodded. Mentally, he tried to brace himself for whatever news this person had for him. "What have you found?" Ghust asked, trepidation in his voice.

Azal reached into his rucksack and pulled out a few pieces of waterlogged wood. "Parts of a ship were discovered at Poke Beach. It has been determined that this debris matches the ship you have been looking for."

Ghust choked back the lump in his throat. "What.....were...." he took a deep breath and focused his thoughts. "Were any bodies found"?

Azal nodded. "An elvish man who resembles the description you gave us of the people you were looking for. The debris and this drowned elf is all that was discovered."

Ghust nodded. There could still be a chance that she was alive. "I would like to return to Ratha with you, so I might speak with others who might have other information that has been previously unknown."

Azal looked at Ghust thoughtfully. Finally he nodded. "Yes, I think it might be helpful in finding your wife and her mother if you help with the search. I will return here in three days, at daybreak".

Ghust nodded, and bowed when Azal stood up and took his leave. Ghust inhaled deeply, tears fighting to fall down his face.

Steeling himself, Ghust got to work, mentally figuring out the supplies he would need. He didn't know how long he would be gone, but he swore to himself that he would NOT return without finding out what happened to his wife, Shannera. Standing up, he pushed the chair back into the table and left the bar.

Three days passed. As promised, Azal was waiting for him outside the bar. With gear in tow, the two Rakash headed towards the docks.

It was going to be a long trip...........