A letter for Whiteburn and a copy for Navesi. 01/22/2019 05:25 AM CST
Sister Whiteburn

Sadly, I find myself writing to you again with my opinion on the state of affairs which we face today regarding those that we call the unnatural, the profane and the corrupt.

In this time in which we find ourselves , I can only say that I am watching this war we fight slowly turning against us. The balance of the righteous slowly being outweighed by the numbers and movements of the above mentioned. Joined in their movement are the acts of ignorance and complacency that we have previously spoken of, by those who choose to ignore the will of the most divine.

Necromancers are being accepted to Order events all over Kremoria. The profane, such as Zehira, Nsar, and Talinel are being allowed to listen to speeches given by members of guilds - most notably the recent gathering at the Moonmage guild. There are growing attacks on the streets and open support on the gwethdesuan. Insurgence to the north and the standing stones by the filth Zehira and it’s filthling Nsar, with an, as yet, unknown agenda. Rumors are being spread of a book from the corrupt being viewed and handled by the moonmage Aaoskar. Totenus has been making grandiose claims that he is somehow entitled to some treatment and that he is above anyone. There are whisperings of these so called redeemed. And most recently, this claim by Mortifer, the defiler, that he is to take a town as his own on the mainland.

I could add more to this list but I do not want to distract from the point of my letter to you.
And that being the issue of Mortifer and ‘his’ idea of feeling welcomed at being interviewed by the The First Land herald.

Respectfully I requested to speak with the Editor-in-Chief of the print, and Navesi was most gracious in answering.
Navesi allowed me to state my opinion that this unnatural, corrupt thing should not be given a voice, regardless how it would be received. And she was most honest and empathetic in her response to my opinion.
Upon hearing her motives towards a possible meeting with the profane I was challenged to rethink my views within myself as Miss Marssi Tulmaron reminded me, quiet bluntly, that Navesi holds true to the virtues of all that is blessed and good. We parted after a very amicable conversation covering a few different topics, and a very welcomed appreciation for the efforts with my devotion. Each, in my observation, taking away a growing respect and trust for each other.

Later I spoke with Miss Tulmaron, as I feel I have settled on a decision to my view on having Mortifer’s voice laid out in print for anyone to read.
I still side with the opinion that this profane filth has nothing of value to offer the good citizens, and can only continue to manipulate the ill informed.
How can I stand with an opinion that none of the corrupt are to be involved, or present themselves at any order function, but yet allow a presence of attitude within our First Land Herald?

This sentiment goes against the opinion and judgment Miss Tulmaron voiced toward me. Her knowledge of the destruction that can await us is without parallel owing to her own history and time spent in years gone by. Not only with the Arkarm family, but stretching as far back to her service with Totenus and Fintrial, watching from the wings the khaos they brought to our lands.
She shares the opinion and supports Navesi’s inclination, that a forum to expose those of Mortifer’s ilk is a direction that has the potential to expose these kind for what they are, and inform the broader community of what we face these days.
If I might respectfully remind you of the failure that was to come from a service to finally deal with that cloak and the demonic demi-goddess Maelshyve.
A gathering that was born out of good will and devotion but, as was seen held an arrogance and certain amount of denial to the forces that were being dealt with.

As I have mentioned, it is my strong opinion that the slope of destruction and all that is evil in our lands is growing steeper and steeper each day. Swords alone are not enough to shift the fulcrum that balances this teetering struggle we face. A struggle that I will emphatically say, with the present attitudes, I observe we are losing.

Many years ago I drew a line in the sand with the unclean, and like yourself, my attitude and resolve will stay consistent regardless of these changing times of complacency and ignorance. Perhaps only growing deeper and stronger.

Opinions and decisions voiced by those who stand in front, behind, or by my side at this line will be met with respect and a humility in knowing that I may not always be aware what is for the greater good. And I will support, with loyalty and my last breath, any of those righteous citizens against those who stand opposite us.

I will conclude this letter with something of importance that Marssi so daughtlessly put to me. "I think you have to trust a bit more. Navesi's process might be different than yours, but I think there are different ways to handle them. I think there is room for more than one way."

To which i replied "You know I have to listen to my fear in this. I’m feeling this quite strongly for a reason, even if it is a lesson of trust for myself."

Sister, if you have any advice, or wish to confer with me, I am always at your disposal.

And lastly, would you please convey my sentiment, if not this letter, to those you may be in discussion with regarding this topic.

Respectfully, your Brother in the fight.

Inquisitor Rifkinn Shomm.

As Rifkinn finishes glancing over his letter Marssi opens the door from the knock that was just heard.

A middle aged Human walks in….

“You sent for me Sir”?

“Ah, Frank…..” Marssi can't help but giggle a little each time she hears this man's name with the inflection Rifkinn puts to it.

“I have another delivery for you. Please take this letter to Mother Whiteburn, and this copy to the Editor-in Chief Navesi”.

The human walks over to takes the parchments from Rifkinn’s hand, nodding respectfully.

“Here are a few platinums for your trouble. But i don't want you stopping off at an Inn before your job is complete, These letters are to find their recipients quickly. And also, I don't want you to be distracted with what I walked in on the other night, with you and that large Gor’tog woman. You do not want me telling people the scene that was on show before me”.

With a glint in her eye and a smirk on her face Marssi adds… “Our loyalty and anonymity may not always extend as far for those with….. Mommy issues”

Rifkinn and Marssi exchange glances of hidden laughter

The middle aged human hangs his head and makes for the door.
Re: A letter for Whiteburn and a copy for Navesi. 01/23/2019 04:07 PM CST
Save the occasional echoed droplet, all is silent in the cavern of the Temple of Kertigen. Standing tall beside the bathing pool, the S'Kra Mur projects her thoughts outward. <Brigette. I have need of you.>

Brief, violent mental static greets this thought. After a moment, a coherent, if anxious, response is projected.

<I-Inquisitor! I'm here. What do you need?>

The S'Kra Mur flicks her tail pensively. <You will transcribe my thoughts to parchment, to be delivered to Inquisitor Rifkinn. Apprise me when you are prepared.>

Poised at the water's edge, immobile, the robed S'Kra Mur resembles a memorial statue of dwarven make.

<Inquisitor..? I hope I didn't keep you long. I'm ready, now.>

The S'Kra Mur closes her good eye and projects her thoughts, slowly and deliberately.

<Brother Rifkinn. You are heard. Would that I might ease your concerns, each as valid as they are mountainous, with words of wisdom and reassurance. But there is neither succor nor peace for ones such as us in this time of pusillanimous sin. Onward and forward, my thoughts descend to gloaming doubt, that naught but the destruction of this world, the Elanthia so beloved of our Immortals, could fully scour the festering rot of Necromancy. The sheer insolence of->

<A-ah, Inquisitor?>

<You would interrupt me? Speak, then. What is it?>

<I, um... could you go back a little, please? How do you spell 'pusillanimous?">

The silence is audible.

<Inquisitor? Oh, do you not know? That's okay! I can fetch Brother Chesum! You know him, he's always got his face stuffed in some book or other!>

The S'Kra Mur reaches beneath her uaro's'sugi to massage her scalp. <Of course I do. Only... there is no need. Discard that parchment. I will seek out Inquisitor Rifkinn myself. And when I return to the High Temple, see to it that my supply of Siksrajan writing paper is restocked.>

<Of course, Inquisitor. The blue kind with the waves, right?>

<That is correct.>

<... You know, speaking of which, I know you told me not to talk about them, but I rather like those drawings of yours, Inquisitor. Especially the ones with the little sharks and jellyfi->

<You are dismissed, child.>