Travelling companion/warder wanted 08/30/2007 04:11 PM CDT
On a tree near the Langenfirth waste bin a note is posted no more than two and a half feet above the ground in tiny neat handwriting. The note reads:

I, Atala D'Araevis, a Novice Gnome Moon Mage, am looking for someone to be my warder and traveling companion. I'm tiny even for my race and this world is rather big. My skills lie along the lines of magic, not physical combat, and are meager at this point in time. I am looking for someone to watch my back and travel with me who have strengths in the areas I don't. Despite what some think size does make a difference when you're as small as I am and the weapons used are usually bigger than you are. Someday I'll be able to kill well with magic but until then I certainly could use a protector.

I'm not just looking for a hunting partner. I want a companion, one who is willing to live in Theren/Haven, travel with me, become friends, and help fend off the big feet of tall folks. It would be nice as well if they would lend a hand and a boost at opportune times. In short, I would like a bodyguard. Now, they don't have to be the finest swordsman in the realms. They would just need to be able to easily protect me in the areas I hunt - which right now is rats and frogs in Haven.

If you are interested please travel to Theren and seek me out. I certainly would wish to speak with you.

Sincerely,

Atala D'Araevis

OOC: The best example I can think of for what I am looking for is a Warder like the Aes Sedai have in the books The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Though Atala is not nearly that bossy and wouldn't expect to order people about. This is more for long-term RP and fun companionship as well as adventuring. I'm trying to RP the size difference as it would realistically be despite game mechanics. No big swords and plate armor wielded by a Gnome less than two feet tall. Even a Gnome dagger would be about the size of a human finger in Atala's hands. That's why I'm going for magic instead of might and want a fighter of some sort as a warder/companion for her. If you're interested seek her out in Theren or IM me at MageAtala. Pretty much anyone about 5th circle and up can apply. All that is really needed is a desire for this sort of RP.