Hang Outs 04/02/2019 11:06 AM CDT

Hi Guys!!!

Ok so Love love love the new REXP. Ok that said I would love to be able to find social hang outs besides Orders( please understand some of us just don't like em).

We have a good number of returning players I have run into in the past 3 months. I mean RP heavy returning players. NOW is the time to get something in place to return more RPing to DR.

RP-Wise... I would like the IG/IC ban on selling at the bank lifted and for the bank to be open to thieves again as well ( Players all know PvP rules for this.. I just think stealing at the bank shouldn't automatically toss you to OPEN for PVP.. it does however open you up to PvP if the person catches you.

The bank was a great place to hear whats for sale and I would love to be able to park my caravan out front, sit in my recliner and belt out what I have for sale. All IC. No OOC. ( does stealing still teach perc?) if so Id be OPEN.

The dead Prince banned selling at the bank so it was an IG event not a DR policy. Shop Keepers could sit out there and direct people to their shops as well. Some of us have shops in other places but Crossing bank has great traffic and PLEASE don't say Market Place. There is no foot traffic there.

Would be nice to have gathering areas.

Also with the returning players .. Would be nice to actually have a place to sit and talk and chill. Empath guild has some socializing but mainly you still have to pinch em awake at times.

Just saying.. with all the RP heavy players that have returned something should be done to take advantage of that and to create a more real social side of DR.

LLama Amala
Re: Hang Outs 04/03/2019 09:49 AM CDT
Personally I feel these are two different requests:

1) More Hangouts: DR needs to generate ways to entice people to congregate as it leads to communication and later RP. Currently this does not happen because many old hangouts have been eroded by Mana storms changing mana values, bank, and the desire to optimize training (all skills must be at 1/34 at least!!!). Maybe nexuses will help in the future, but active development needs to occur.

2) Bank was great for selling things; bring it back: I don't know if this is so helpful (or would work) with the gweth upgrades to include a TRADE channel. The major form of advertising occurs there. And RUMMAGE Sales should never happen. Never put anything on the ground unless you want it stolen.

Nikpack
Re: Hang Outs 05/21/2019 09:47 AM CDT
From a gameplay/interaction/'feeling like there is a population' aspect, the bank was much more amazing than any solution that came afterwards. From a consumer, seller aspect, of course the newer solutions made the most sense vis-a-vis mechanics, protection, etc.

Commerce in front of the bank was epic and an institution that inspired all sorts of complex interplay - from not wanting to be pickpocketed (like any bizarre on earth today and throughout history - there are no mechanics IRL that protect people's pockets), to running in and out of the bank to close deals, to the constant scroll (which I loved in that singular room infront of the bank), to conflicts, to newly found friendships because of player proximity in the middle of so much action (like the empath guild, for example).

Moving commerce over to the other area has forever damaged the fun of the game imho - but the arguments on the other side are obviously valid.