Who is Lyrae Ssranvethrean? Who is Rygenia? 10/21/2018 04:25 AM CDT

In the Mourners Hollows of the Temple Grounds in Crossing, there is a statue.

Lustrous black jet has been sculpted to depict a slender woman, her somber eyes downturned to keep vigil over whoever is laid to rest on the marble bier. Her alabaster hands and face are in stark contrast to the jet, almost as stars plucked from the heavens. Upswept onyx wings glisten in the candlelight, shifting like feathers holding her aloft, eternally enlisted at this protective post along the Temple's eastern wall. A bronze plaque is inlaid along the sculpture's base.

A bronze plaque read:

..........In loving memory of

..........Lyrae Ssranvethrean,
.........…...293 to 348 AV

.......From her daughter, Rygenia

I could not immediately find any information. Is there someone who still remembers?

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Who is Lyrae Ssranvethrean? Who is Rygenia? 10/21/2018 12:35 PM CDT
Lyrae was last heard of around the 7th month of Moliko the Balance in the year of the Silver Unicorn (350). Her tombstone reading 348 may reflect the fact that her daughter had it made sometime in the year of the Crystal Snow Hare (363), which is the last record historians have of her public life, or it may reflect how deeply the loss of her mother affected poor Rygenia. Imagine losing someone you love so very much that it seems as though you've been missing them for longer than they've really been gone? Their family may have been of local importance during their lifetimes, but history has been unkind enough to forget any colorful references to their existence and passing, other than the single monument in the graveyard.

Elanthia is a vast place, plenty of hiding spots to tuck a whole life and legacy away. How many people have influenced you in your journeys here? Think, then, of the masses - the peasants and serfs, farmholders and freeholders, merchants and artisans - living unseen lives just below your heroic adventures. Do they not have people whose names they'd carve in stone for the world to remember if they only had the means?

For all that it is ephemeral and hard to clearly define, love never truly dies, even if the memories one carved in stone fade away...

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Who is Lyrae Ssranvethrean? Who is Rygenia? 10/21/2018 08:12 PM CDT
:(… That was pretty

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.