Farewell 05/20/2018 12:20 AM CDT
I am leaving the lands due to what I perceive to be a personal, targeted attack against my character Melomina. Someone created a player named "Melominafat!@#" [REDACTED DUE TO POSTING POLICY DISALLOWING VULGARITIES] who then proceeded to repeatedly slap me in the face. The fact that someone took time out of their life to do this specifically against her is frightening. I no longer feel safe due to the targeted nature of this harassment -- if it wasn't for the fact that the player's name was "Melominafat!@#", I would not react or feel this way.

Also contributing to my departure are two people: Fahijeck and Zehira. In the past two weeks after coming back from a 6 month break, Zehira has gwethsmashed me three times for reasons I cannot fathom. I have also witnessed Fahijeck (and Collards) repeatedly attack people in the Empath guild without any provocation. I have seen him specifically attack Sok (pvp closed), and slay Aterri for healing one of his victims -- all without dialogue beforehand. He once slowly killed Losst in front of me, then told me "Good thing you didn't heal him, or I would of keeled you".

I no longer wish to play a game where I have been targeted for deeply offensive harassment, and where my main guild is subject to near daily murder attempts to bait empaths into pvp. When a griefer has you in their sights, the winning move is to stop playing.

I post the log below.

~Melomina~

2pm EST 5/19/2018 Saturday

[The Crossing, Magen Road]
The whitewashed building before you is stark and functional. A sign mounted on it is hand painted and carved with cunning skill. White-robed figures and all manner of injured and infirm people stream in and out of a double door, leaving thin trails of blood on the spotless pavement. You also see a stone urn and a wide arch.
Obvious paths: east, south, west.
A steel-wheeled caravan arrives from the south.
Annakinksy arrives, following the caravan.
Melominafat!@# just arrived.
[Empaths' Guild, Courtyard Garden]
Open to the sky, this spot is sheltered from the worst of the weather and elements by a rich cedar arbor. In the center of the courtyard, a small fountain, filled with the darting forms of tiny fish, babbles to itself. Several elaborately-carved cedar benches are placed at one edge of the garden, directly across from a cushioned swing hanging from the arbor by wrought iron chains. A riot of seasonal plants compete for the attention of those who pass here, and a whispering willow tree looms overhead as if creating a protective mantle. You also see a shadowling, a pile of rocks, a crude dishcloth sling, a pale red moonbeam, a shiny silver vela'tohr flower, a cantankerous Shadow Servant, a sickly brown vela'tohr flower, a silver tea cart with several things on it, a large vela'tohr plant, a marble statue of an elegant Elven woman carrying a shallow basin in her arms, some shallow stone stairs and an Empath renown scroll.
Also here: Winterborn Annais, Ecksdee who is darkened by an unnatural shadow, Tykari who is sitting, Thinker Siimone, Doctor Kalinandra, Zenzwi who is sitting, Initiate Empath Riannatha who is sitting, Dresdae who is sitting and Professor of Medicine Flastae.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, west, down, out.
Melominafat!@# just arrived.
Mystic Blade Avelia cartwheels out.
A cantankerous Shadow Servant trudges off, following its master.
A shadowling looks around dejectedly and fades away.
Melominafat!@# slaps her forehead!
Zenzwi says, "My, my. So many poorly-schooled seekers of attention. Makes us hard-working poppingjays look bad by association."
Kalinandra shakes some braided tangled twine, working out the tangles.
Ecksdee raises his hands skyward, chanting.
Ecksdee gets a sunstone runestone marked with a symbol for Compost from inside his black backpack.
Melominafat!@# slaps you across the face!
You look at Zenzwi and shrug.
Winterborn Annais goes west.
Ecksdee gestures.
Ecksdee raises his hands skyward, chanting.
Re: Farewell 05/20/2018 12:24 AM CDT
You're going to want to confer with a GM about each of those incidents instead of posting on the forum. The slapping is clearly harassment, and the person who made that name should be subject to a one-month ban or some such.
Re: Farewell 05/20/2018 03:59 PM CDT

I made a player name Fahijoke once, and it was quickly caught and sent away to be renamed. I also had a player given a 30 days lock out for attacking the pvp open player Losst maybe it was Laacky. SO something is rotten.
Re: Farewell 05/20/2018 04:29 PM CDT
I don't have a dog in this fight, but the plurality of anecdote is not data.

The 'name which shall not be named due to offensive language' might have been engaged at a time when there were no GM's on active duty. Or the specific combination might not have been pre-programmed to trigger (and probably is now). Bobjoke probably sets off a trigger.

And you don't just 'totally randomly' get a full blown 30 day lockout for attacking a PvP open character. There's more to that story because the first offense is not 30 days suspension.
Re: Farewell 05/20/2018 04:45 PM CDT
>>The 'name which shall not be named due to offensive language' might have been engaged at a time when there were no GM's on active duty.

That's the normal reason some bad names hang around for longer than other bad names, yes.

For the sake of completion (not saying it's relevant to the current discussion), other reasons may be some sort of behind-the-scenes discussion about the virtues of a name, some names becoming bad only in some specific context, and sometimes we just don't agree about the badness of a name.

But for cases where we agree that a name is bad and needs to be punted, response time will still vary based on the availability of people to take care of it.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino