returning to dr 02/04/2016 11:31 AM CST

First, I apologize to the moderator if this isn't were this post belongs

I'm returning the game, I've played on and off since pre-web.

I was a bit surprised on how low the populations are in plat and TF.

Question is where do most of the players live? I always like ratha so i'm considering living there.
Re: returning to dr 02/04/2016 11:33 AM CST
>>Question is where do most of the players live? I always like ratha so i'm considering living there.

Can't speak for plat or TF but in Prime a ton of people reside in Crossing, as usual. But every province runs events throughout the month, there's always something going on each week.
Re: returning to dr 02/04/2016 11:35 AM CST
>>I was a bit surprised on how low the populations are in plat and TF.

If it matters any, I've been in Plat for around 5 years and while the population got a bit smaller, it isn't that much smaller than it was before. The instance is more active during later hours in the day, and everyone tends to come out for quests/festivals/events/etc, but it can get pretty quiet (not counting Chatter) otherwise.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: returning to dr 02/04/2016 02:45 PM CST
In Prime, the most popular areas are the Crossing and Therenborough/Lang areas. The other areas DO have some people but they tend to be more loner types rather than gathering and talking.

With regard to Ratha in particular, I've been training there for a few weeks now and I've occasionally run into a person at the autopath and chatted there. I haven't seen anyone hanging out, though you might try the Green.

- Navesi
Re: returning to dr 02/04/2016 02:47 PM CST
In prime the ratha town green goes in spurts with population.

Mostly people tend to gather in the crossing.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: returning to dr 02/06/2016 04:15 PM CST

That said, travel on the mainland (or even to islands) is way faster than it was pre-web. I swing between Boar Clan and Crossing multiple times a day.

Jalika
Re: returning to dr 02/07/2016 05:58 PM CST
There's also always a few MM's in the kresh / M'riss area. If you ask for a rift one would probably have a good chance of getting a lift. Also gweths work much further range now so people can actually hear you that far.
Re: returning to dr 03/02/2016 03:56 PM CST

Also just returned (actually just after you) nice to see other people coming back.

I have a general idea for the 'outskirts'- even with the Genie automapper DIR for every city would be a HUGE step to making them more accessible. I read a thread about how during invasions players tend to 'group', I think that's just a general comfort zone thing.

I haven't been around enough to see Fest type events other than Duskruin and Dwarf Fest, but they helped expand my comfort zone a lot. Knowing there's a portal I can quickly get back through makes the exploring a little less intimidating.

When I re-started after almost 10 years I popped up in the ruins of some temple outside Riverhaven I don't even think existed when I last played. If I hadn't had help getting out I'd probably have been permanently stuck! Now I would at least have a gweth to ask for help... but you get my point. Maybe an effort in-game to put up street signs might be the balance between RP and convenience.

Hope you're enjoying the game as much as I am hope to see you IG.

"Those who die heroic deaths are long remembered, thieves and drunks and cravens soon forgotten."
-Varys
Re: returning to dr 03/02/2016 06:19 PM CST
Welcome back. Enjoy the changes!

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade