Encyclopedia update 12/31/2004 04:34 PM CST
Hey all. Just wanted to let you know on here that I have doubled the size of my Encyclopedia of Elanthia. You can find it on my website. A few notes about it:

I compiled it myself so if there is any descrepency with current history in the realms let me know. I am not submitting it as an official Almanac as I am working with SIMU on it.

If you find any errors with it please let me know.

Also, if you would like to add or modify any entries of your own, just send them to me. Just remember to cite where you get your information from. If there are any entries that you would like to know more about, let me know there as well.

You will notice some of the entires have quotes below them. These are more commentary on the part of the editor (me) rather than part of the historical facts. Most are obtained in literature throughout the realms, though some I made up myself. If you have your own you'd like to add about any of them, just let me know.

I am not the best web designer in the world so if anyone out there wishes to use this information on their website, maybe index it better than just all lumped into a .doc file, feel free to do so. Everything on my site is there for you guys to use as you like. Just don't take the "By Ranik SiVoy" out of it please. :)

Anyway that's all for now. I'll be rummaging through Albarian history for a while and getting that all in there soon as well as tweaking some of the entries in there now. Questions, comments, you know where to go.

-Ranik
Re: Encyclopedia update 01/03/2005 04:34 PM CST
Very nice work, Ranik. Kudos.

-GM Tvini
Re: Encyclopedia update 01/03/2005 04:39 PM CST
Hit the return button too soon. Did you say that you are or are not working with someone at Simu on it? I was confused by your statement that you are not submitting it as an official document as to whether you had a collaborator.

-Tvini

P.S. - if anybody out there knows of a good program to make resources like this searchable, by all means let me know. I've got a little side project of my own going.
Re: Encyclopedia update 01/03/2005 05:25 PM CST
No collaborator, no inside sources, just a fan of history. Still a long way to go though, as I have a lot more I want to add not just in terms of names. As for making it searchable, I'll write up an application tonight to make it searchable if that'll make things easier.

-Ranik
Re: Encyclopedia update 01/03/2005 05:43 PM CST
Naw, it's easy enough to search just by looking for a specific term. Don't put yourself out. I just had been wanting for a long time to put out a particular reference that we GMs use, but with all the secret stuff stripped out, so that players could access it too. For that thing, it would be handy to be able to search. Maybe I'm just too taken by "kewl" though.

However, with all the luuuuuv in the air, if that project were any further on the back burner, it'd be off the stove. One day, one day.

-Tvini
Re: Encyclopedia update 01/03/2005 06:46 PM CST
Doesn't put me out, I don't have anything better to do. Besides I've already started. I would put something online but our server lacks the capability to do things as nicely as, say, Dreamheart.

If I get this done though, you gotta feed me some tidbits of info thru email or somethin. I won't tell no one. :)

-Ranik
Re: Encyclopedia update 01/03/2005 08:01 PM CST
Hee hee! Okay, here's a tidbit - you misspelled the second occurrence of 'lifesculpting' in the Andreshlew entry. Don't say I never did nothin' for ya.

-Tvini
Re: Encyclopedia update 01/03/2005 11:53 PM CST
I can work more on something like this if it looks like a good idea. I've only done a couple hours on it so it only does Locations right now. That what you had in mind?

http://www.rangerrawb.com/ranik/AlmanacDatabase.zip

-Ranik
Re: Encyclopedia update 01/04/2005 09:22 AM CST
Beats me, sweetie. I use a Mac. Can't open it. I'll see if I can check on a Windows machine later.
Re: Encyclopedia update 01/04/2005 09:53 AM CST
In case no one's mentioned it yet today - You rock, Ranik.