looking for some info 06/16/2003 06:23 AM CDT
hi everyone, im new to the message boards, so bear with me if this sounds stupid. i have been trying to get some info on the history of Jomay, and Grisnok, and all the happenings revolving around them lately. if anyone can direct me to a good source for this kind of info, please feel free to contact me via AIM at AllisonG420 or in game, i play Mynervah. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: looking for some info 06/16/2003 06:37 AM CDT
While I cannot speak for Grishnok...there's a book on Jomay's history in the Crossing Empath Guildhall. Good read.

Grishnok is a Goblin assassin. Nasty fellow. Spent some time collecting Empath heads, for some future purpose.(Coming soon to an Elanthia near you.)

They hooked up in Crossing, as far as I know. Jomay has dealt with Goblins before, however.

They currently reside just a bit south of Shard, in a Gorbesh fortress.

I'm certain someone more involved in this event could provide more details/information.

-Chris, player of Mad Mage Kilan

Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is...
Re: looking for some info 06/17/2003 01:08 AM CDT
Jomay, from what I remember was noted to 'hardly breathe at all' She looked like a S'Kra Mur/Elven crossbreed because of her nose or some such. She stuided insects. And when some plague began to wash over the land, she was blammed and her brother, the 'accompished assasin', captured her and others and turned them in.

Specifics are in the book. She worked at the ability of Link for Empaths. But apparently this was looked down upon. She's also noted for having something to do with the abilty of Shifting.

Leyhan the Scholar.
Re: looking for some info 06/17/2003 02:19 AM CDT
<<She worked at the ability of Link for Empaths. But apparently this was looked down upon.

It wasn't so much looked down upon as extremely concerned about. Link has been thought to drive Empaths mad if they get a "bad link." Later, concern led to the heads of the guild locking the person who knew the most about it, or perhaps was the only one willing to tell others, up in the back of a wagon. Yes, the guild which is about caring and compassion does this to its members.

Her nose is that way was because she was born without nostrils, so the midwife had just taken a knife and made some, from what it sounds like, haphazard holes.

From what we know, we believe she is the Empath who developed Shift. She was searching for something to change her own appearance, and while she never was able to do it with this ability, she found she could change others. Although, since she keeps herself hooded lately, who knows if she HAS somehow gained the ability to change herself, 800 years can bring a LOT of power.

From what we know now, it was not her brother who turned her in, it was her turning her brother in. She changed her brother to look like herself, quite possibily Shifted his larynx to stop working, and then called people to where the group was hiding. Pretty treacherous, I would say, to go against the very group who had joined in your villainy with you. I suppose they just didn't fit her purpose anymore, or perhaps she realized she needed a permanent way to get folks off of her tail. Perhaps she did not go against them at all, and they agreed that to further their "work" Jomay must go on.

And she was blamed for the plague because she did it. ::grins:: Presumably she used an insane asylum to formulate and test a plague she developed that she laid upon insects called ristan'dias. Then she began setting them on the population. She was seen spreading them around, as were some goblins.

Hope this helps,
~player of Syrath

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com

"Billy has a stick. He's going to kick some zombie butt with a stick."