Basalt Tiles??? 05/20/2003 04:31 AM CDT
Anyone out there know anything about or the history of some basalt tiles?

*You tap some chipped basalt tiles that you are holding.*

The reason I'm askin is cause I like my tiles. They're not much too look at, heck, they don't seem ta be worth much either. The only thing I know to do with em is juggle em and believe me, I learn real well from em. All this given, for the life of me, I cannae figure out why anyone would want ta steal my tiles! I tell ya, my curiousity is peeked. Heck, it even seems as though some shadowy folks don't know why'd they wanna steal them either. Had one of them types steal mine from my backpack just today, only to have them tossed back down on the ground at my feet. Well, I got my tiles back, and guess what, I'm keepin em under lock and key cause it seems as though them shadowy type don't just want my gems and coins anymore. If anyone knows why someone would want to steal my tiles, please let me know, might help me ta keep them. Thanks

Bavest
Re: Basalt Tiles??? 05/20/2003 07:38 AM CDT
>>Had one of them types steal mine from my backpack just today, only to have them tossed back down on the ground at my feet.<<

Is there something special about these tiles that make them stealable? I didn't think anyone could steal anything other than gems and coins. I'd be pretty surprised if that were changed too, since I'm sure it would cause a huge uproar! It sounds like your tiles might be from the Throne City Museum, and I think all items taken from the museum had to be stolen to be removed. I have a character that bought some jugglies from a trader who told me they were from the Museum. I'd hate to see them stolen. They aren't worth much but I'm fond of them because they are neat and different.

Lathaliu's Player
Re: Basalt Tiles??? 05/20/2003 05:22 PM CDT
Well, I found out that my tiles are from the Throne City Museum. Now I'm wonderin why they in there in the first place. What's so special about my tiles and the other stuff that's there in the first place. Guess I need ta go pay a visit over der an find out meself. Any rate, thanks for the help and if anyone wants to save me a trip and tell me why these tiles are special, I'd be very grateful.

Bavest
Re: Basalt Tiles??? 05/20/2003 05:47 PM CDT
Those tiles are definitely from the TC museum. I don't think they are exactly rare either, I remember buying mine way back when it opened for 5 gold or so.

Blaayd

A hissing cockroach arrives and hisses, "Kill the Bards first! They will never suspect the roaches!"
Re: Basalt Tiles??? 05/20/2003 08:51 PM CDT
I kinda wonder if the weapons people get from there are permanently stealable as well as the jugglies. Anyone know?

~Dulcinia

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read."
--Groucho Marx
Re: Basalt Tiles??? 05/21/2003 06:54 AM CDT
no they aren't.

~ The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.
That which hath been is that
which shall be,
And that which hath been done is that
which shall be done;
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Basalt Tiles??? 05/21/2003 01:21 PM CDT
So is that the verdict? Things stolen from the Throne City Museum (except weapons) are stealable from containers? Are they alsostealable from your hands? What if you close the container they're in?

Lathaliu's Player
Re: Basalt Tiles??? 05/21/2003 01:37 PM CDT
<<So is that the verdict? Things stolen from the Throne City Museum (except weapons) are stealable from containers? Are they alsostealable from your hands? What if you close the container they're in?>>

in order to make it so that people could steal from the museum, they had to give the items certain gem-like properties so in essence, yes they can be stolen from your hand and no they can't be stolen from a closed container.

Eowen
''Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.''
Elbert Hubbard
Re: Basalt Tiles??? 05/25/2003 11:18 PM CDT
::shrieks and hides her map::

No, no, no. None steal it!

You get a deobar-framed map from inside your armor pack.

You put a deobar-framed map on the wall.

You lock the door.

On a more serious note, can anybody confirm that this came from Throne City, and are there multiples like there are of the tiles?