Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/20/2017 10:17 AM CDT
Guys, stop being ridiculous and hating on lich. They don't bot and they certainly don't use the same community script that pushes out updates to everyone.

And they all know exactly what they're running, stop the nonsensical hate.

[11:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Gallifreius: and as far as the lich bot we do use, it's really basic. policy breaking requires some work to get a healing bot running.

12:04] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: people camping the same spot 24/7 using mules for repair, loot, etfc
[12:04] [DRPrime]-DR:Jhien: That's what I thought @ethun
[12:04] [DRPrime]-DR:Jhien: But yeah, the issue of mules is a serious one. Gets around Simu's rules and policy.
[12:04] [DRPrime]-DR:Gallifreius: it's a big deal, but it's not really a lich only thing.
[12:04] [DRPrime]-DR:Jhien: They should definitely monitor player activity and crack down on mules.
[12:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Devish: but no, they bust someone for kicking rocks while I see the same crew working choice spots 24/7/365
[12:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Gallifreius: and as far as the lich bot we do use, it's really basic. policy breaking requires some work to get a healing bot running.

[12:00] [DRPrime]-DR:Gallifreius: ahsalf is just a character that stands there and moves items as a community donation shelf for the most part. and DUMPS JUNK. he has no control over anything

[11:54] [DRPrime]-DR:Gallifreius: ashalf is just one of several, we use them all over, have for ages.

[11:47] [DRPrime]-DR:Ashalf: Lichbot is up and running in room 1645! Whisper me 'help' for more details.

[10:51] [DRPrime]-DR:Crannach: That issue with the hangup at Dokt's today should be fixed. You'll ignore people who are lying down if Dokt is not healing them
[10:51] [DRPrime]-DR:Bazimuth: 19799, if not i can depart.
[10:51] [DRPrime]-DR:Gabellia: oh that's awesome, Crannach. Thanks!
[10:52] [DRPrime]-DR:Saulthor: yeah thanks a lot.... there goes our captive audience
[10:52] [DRPrime]-DR:Bazimuth: also side question, does ES protect against geyser? i didn't have it up because i didn't think it would
[10:52] [DRPrime]-DR:Saulthor: I'm kidding I'm kidding
[10:53] [DRPrime]-DR:Bazimuth: haha won't somebody think of the empaths
lol still salty
[10:53] [DRPrime]-DR:Crannach: No problem, you should steal be able to steal wounds from them like usual :stuck_out_tongue: But they wont be stuck anymore
[10:54] [DRPrime]-DR:Crannach: Eliz healed everyone and no one was moving

[07:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Fertin: Anyone know why the shaping workorders script requires an empty workroom?

[10:01] [DRPrime]-DR:Narrisa: For some reason my yaml keeps setting my stance to 80 0 0 and not using all the points, or not using it just for evasion and parry like I want it to
[10:02] [DRPrime]-DR:Risima: I had that happen yesterday -- you need to list all 3 skills in the order you want points applied

[07:58] [DRPrime]-DR:Tapmev: "hmm. Maybe a trigger is needed to lie down whenever "Dokt glances around the room. Seeing nobody lying about waiting for treatment..." in case of such an emergency...."
[07:59] [DRPrime]-DR:Elizabella: Good idea
[07:59] [DRPrime]-DR:Tapmev: anyway, leaving for real now.
[07:59] [DRPrime]-DR:Dijkstra: Perfect
[07:59] [DRPrime]-DR:Anachron: Problem solved.

[16:15] [DRPrime]-DR:Seikodrake: the combat trainer script took me to soem sprites which was kicking my arse
[16:15] [DRPrime]-DR:Seikodrake: some

[12:08] [DRPrime]-DR:Binu: I really need to write a good script for my cleric so I can just leave him in triage and have him auto-rezzing people

[05:58] [DRPrime]-DR:Majorly: Crossing training is not working, neither is hunting manager or training-manager. We're broken. They start and do almost nothing

[15:32] [DRPrime]-DR:Bavaro: Anyone know what is going on with Lich?
[15:33] [DRPrime]-DR:Bavaro: Dependency having issues?
[15:34] [DRPrime]-DR:Feltzer: there might have been some issues earlier, restart it and should be okay
[15:34] [DRPrime]-DR:Feltzer: i believe
[15:34] [DRPrime]-DR:Aydle: There are a few things that have been happening. If it is your autostarts, yes. Solved. If it'
[15:34] [DRPrime]-DR:Aydle: Fat fingers...
[15:35] [DRPrime]-DR:Sheiph: If it what Aydle?
[15:35] [DRPrime]-DR:Binu: I had the same issue when I logged on Bavaro
[15:35] [DRPrime]-DR:Awlazurka: Quick thief question -- is there a way to specify which body part my ambush targets for critters that I can't use backstab on?
[15:35] [DRPrime]-DR:Aydle: Nope. Not talking any more.
[15:36] [DRPrime]-DR:Awlazurka: "It's defaulting to "attack back" and that's too easy to actually teach me"
[15:36] [DRPrime]-DR:Binu: And that was like 3 hours ago
[15:37] [DRPrime]-DR:Majorly: Hey Awl, You can "make" it specificly another area but only by changing it the the combat-training script. ( which will reset the next time you log in).
[15:37] [DRPrime]-DR:Bavaro: training-manager just checks info and exp all for me right now
[15:37] [DRPrime]-DR:Awlazurka: Gotcha, thanks Majorly
[15:38] [DRPrime]-DR:Majorly: Change back to... whatever
[15:38] [DRPrime]-DR:Bavaro: --- Lich: error: undefined method `each_key' for #<Array:0x2a67128> then dependecy quits
[15:38] [DRPrime]-DR:Sheiph: That was fixed very early this morning. Update your dependency.
[15:39] dependency
[15:39] [DRPrime]-DR:Serature: it'll download the new one

[13:36] [DRPrime]-DR:Walper: what was the update for dependency that fixes the issues from this morning?
[13:36] [DRPrime]-DR:Jaessa: I downloaded dependency again and it worked for me
[13:37] [DRPrime]-DR:Dartellum: the change was reverted
[13:37] dependency, it redownloads the updates every time it runs
[13:38] [DRPrime]-DR:Serature: unless you're in developer mode

[11:56] [DRPrime]-DR:Vanishta: I personally don't think there's anything morally wrong with AFK scripting, since the game kinda forces you to do it. But I do like that it comes with some risks.

[13:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Lamr: back up a dokt if any empaths want to run in

[12:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Gloam: Damn the broke line at Dokts

[10:07] [DRPrime]-DR:Ludric: ok. deleting and re downloading everything fixed it. Something on my end got messed up
[10:08] [DRPrime]-DR:Elizabella: Hrm... You feel something clingy brush past your body, leaving you unaffected. What is that?
[10:08] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: bard spell
[10:08] [DRPrime]-DR:Ethun: where did all my autostarts go?

[16:06] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: Anyone have experience with workorders weaponsmithing? I keep needed large ignots..and going back for more that normal?

13:57] [DRPrime]-DR:Jimzum: theurgy keeps getting stuck at the stump by kaerna because I end up prone or sitting at the stump. Is there a setting that can make the script stand up after the movement?

[09:26] [DRPrime]-DR:Zlato: Jaessa, people think lich plays the game for you. whatever degree of truth there is to that, it is exactly equally true of non-lich scripts people write. but non-lich folk are butthurt because lich makes it really easy and they don't want other people to have it easy. this game is about punishment and nothing else.

[18:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Dryk: is it possible to use moonwatch to determine whether or not to even go on a hunt?
[18:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Dryk: like only hunt at night?

[09:41] [DRPrime]-DR:Ashalf: Lichbot is up and running in room 1645! Whisper me 'help' for more details.
[09:42] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: Someone needed a blade right?
[09:43] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: He has a thrusting blade
[09:43] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: That's awesome, you can give him things too to store
[09:44] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: So that will be like our sweet living donation table
[09:44] [DRPrime]-DR:Gallifreius: this is his function in life, yes. =)
[09:44] [DRPrime]-DR:Gallifreius: I can start up a bankbot up in that tree too if people are so inclined.
[09:44] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: "What is my function? To pass items. "Oh my god""
[09:45] )
[09:45] [DRPrime]-DR:Gallifreius: haha!
[09:45] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: Last time that happened every thief in lich made it a point to rob that guy blind
[09:45] [DRPrime]-DR:Gallifreius: and yep yep, I agree. that's why he's always been hidden.

[07:50] [DRPrime]-DR:Lijek: gotta love the folks who turn up with two scrapes
[07:51] [DRPrime]-DR:Turkol: saferoom_health_threshold: <--- add it, folks
[07:53] [DRPrime]-DR:Burlocka: what do you add for an argument to it?
[07:55] [DRPrime]-DR:Lijek: A number, 9 is a good place if you want to keep an eye on your nerves. That's its trigger to say oh, you have nine points worth of damage, go get healed
[07:56] [DRPrime]-DR:Lijek: otherwise it goes oh no, you broke a nail, better go wait in line at dokt's
[07:57] [DRPrime]-DR:Burlocka: cool, set mine to 9, was definitely going to dokt for nothing

[20:36] [DRPrime]-DR:Kidrick: need to take that repeat trigger out of my look script, I use it to keep me from timing out, used to use it to repeat on roundtime as well when I was using genie exclusively
[20:37] afk stops you from timing out
[20:37] [DRPrime]-DR:Kidrick: you mean the lich afk script?
[20:38] [DRPrime]-DR:Binu: Yes
[20:38] [DRPrime]-DR:Kidrick: oh, OK, I'll start running that, guess I better read up on it, thanks

[20:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Talinar: yeah, but any action generally makes it run
[20:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Magavyn: but no i need to hunt them down tell i get my stuff back or im paid.
[20:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: The timer isn't that big
[20:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Magavyn: now*
[20:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Talinar: even if I do something I run away from myself
[20:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: Liek what, 4 seconds?
[20:05] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: Liek what, 4 seconds?
[20:06] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: Before it waits for a response
[20:06] [DRPrime]-DR:Msaia: Then it just activates the huntingyaml

[13:46] [DRPrime]-DR:Fhauste: So the non combat section is always going to be called crossing training but you can set your hometown elsewhere aye?
[13:46] [DRPrime]-DR:Crannach: yea, the hometown system is a late addition compared to crossing-trainer
[13:47] [DRPrime]-DR:Crannach: its more like 'town-trainer' now
[13:47] [DRPrime]-DR:Giulietta: certain things are limited to Crossing only, stealing for example. Athletics will need additional settings because that defaults in Crossing.
[13:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Fhauste: Ah I see
[13:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Fhauste: For things like theurgy, does it get more supplies for you if you run out of them for Theurgy?
[13:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Giulietta: theurgy does
[13:48] [DRPrime]-DR:Crannach: theurgy is a nother script thats crossing only
[14:00] [DRPrime]-DR:Fhauste: Awesome, that's convenient that it picks up additional supplies for you
[14:03] [DRPrime]-DR:Crannach: im not sure if someone fixed it, but it used to buy oil everytime it ran.. so youd end up with like 40 holy oils
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/20/2017 10:25 AM CDT
Man, it's hard to keep up with the blatant policy breaking

[11:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Seikodrake: my dads character he made got a message that told him he needs to buy some zills
[11:20] [DRPrime]-DR:Tylevyn: lichbot might have some?
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/20/2017 10:54 AM CDT

What I see stated here are two complaints: 1, that lich users "bot" and 1, that lich users share scripts.

1) There is little, if anything, that lich scripts do that Genie scripts can't (or don't) do. AFK scripting is by no means limited to Lich users, and you're thoroughly kidding yourself if you think otherwise. AFK scripting has been around since well before Lich existed, back when I started playing fifteen or twenty years ago. Nothing you've posted suggests that Lich users AFK script more or less than any non-lich user. Having a character that holds items for other characted is called having a mule, which is a common and known strategy.

2) I don't see why this matters? Should we prosecute geniehunter users, or people who use Gavinne's scripts? Asking questions about scripts is inherent to using scripts, it's software and nobody but the primary author or authors have native understanding of its functionality. Ruby is more complicated than the genie scripting language, so not everyone is capable of parsing it without help, but if you have problems with people understanding scripts they download from somewhere then you may want to take that up with the Discord scripting channel as well.

I really don't understand what you're trying to accomplish other than needlessly demonizing an extremely helpful utility that makes the game more playable for more people. Stop trying to be a vigilante, find a new hobby, and let the GMs do enforcement as they see necessary. You're not Batman.
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/20/2017 10:57 AM CDT
>>Should we prosecute geniehunter users, or people who use Gavinne's scripts

They're already living with the shame of using pimphunter, that's bad enough
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/20/2017 10:57 AM CDT
Well, obviously we have a bot in Dragon Realms. He's climbin' in yo trees, he's snatchin' yo items up, tryin' to hand 'em out to other people. So y'all need to hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide yo husband cause they handin' stuff out to everybody out here.
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/22/2017 08:18 PM CDT
The massive wall of text of random out of context quotes from people having a hard time setting up their scripts may be the strangest and most pointless post I've ever seen here.
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/25/2017 12:39 AM CDT
They don't seem to understand eet isn't about them scripting that gives them that rap. Never has been. Not even sure why that is ever even been talked about.

THEY SEE ME ROLLIN
THEY HATIN
PATROLLIN
TRYIN TO CATCH ME WHITE AND NERDY!

" Its like when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong, you know, and I'm sorry cause I could be wrong right now, I could be wrong, but if I'm right... "
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/25/2017 08:45 AM CDT
>>They don't seem to understand eet isn't about them scripting that gives them that rap. Never has been. Not even sure why that is ever even been talked about.

What I don't understand is why "it" becomes "eet" but "isn't" and "is" don't become "eesn't" and "ees"? Eets almost like you you deedn't put much thought eento eet when you came up weeth the acceent.
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/25/2017 08:55 AM CDT

>deedn't put much thought eento eet

That, right there, is the sine qua non of eet.
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/25/2017 01:14 PM CDT
Before this gets too far out of control, let's get back on topic and continue to use good grammar and punctuation as #7 of the policies page suggests (http://forums.play.net/policy).

Thanks!

Helje
DragonRealms Senior Board Moderator
Re: Bots, Community Scripts and All Around Fail 10/25/2017 07:12 PM CDT
>Before this gets too far out of control, let's get back on topic and continue to use good grammar and punctuation as #7 of the policies page suggests<

Agreed using two ee's outside of eet or keel would be blasphemous to Harawep. Never have and never will...

" Its like when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong, you know, and I'm sorry cause I could be wrong right now, I could be wrong, but if I'm right... "